What adapter do i need for this plug

Associate
OP
15 quid is a bit much.
It's in a communal hall for the cleaners. I need to hover my car out but my extension. Lead doesn't fot

Don
It's a 5A socket for a light, a hoover (at 13A) would likely pop it.

Buy an extension lead, they are always useful and negate you farting around with a completely useless adapter

Last edited:
Commissario
15 quid is a bit much.
It's in a communal hall for the cleaners. I need to hover my car out but my extension. Lead doesn't fot
As has been said it's probably far better to just buy a long extension lead.

Those sort of sockets are specifically so that you can't just plug in something random/stop using unauthorised people plugging stuff into them, IIRC a lot of shops still use/used the 5amp version because it stopped cleaners/staff plugging heaters into outlets meant for lighting displays, and in the likes of flats/hotels/trains they're used for cleaning equipment where the owner doesn't want the general public using it.

Man of Honour
QBYyl7P.jpeg

i even found ones with round handles to fit inside :)

Soldato
It's a 5A socket for a light, a hoover (at 13A) would likely pop it.

Buy an extension lead, they are always useful and negate you farting around with a completely useless adapter
I've never seen a domestic hoover rated at 3kW before. 5 amps at 220v is good for a smidge over 1kW, plenty for a Shark upright rated at 750 watts.

Soldato

It's a 15A round-pin.

The smaller version is often used as a connection to your lighting circuit. Things like bedroom lights and so on, where they are connected to a low amperage circuit.

I am not aware of the 15A being used in the home, it's more of an industrial lighting circuit thing. Perhaps there is a specific reason why one was added to your fuse box. Something someone needed more than 13A for. I would check the fuse on it in the fuse box and potentially downgrade it to a 13A socket and smaller fuse (breaker). It will be more use to you.

(In other words, don't buy an adapter, replace the faceplate and the breaker).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom