What age would you show ‘your kids’ Robocop?

Associate
I winced reading this thread, seeing ages quoted.

Then again, I watched Robocop aged 14. Two years after release. Robocop and Terminator were two of the most violent films of the eighties, and the best because they had brilliant and convincing plots.

Both films remain the best films ever. You know your kids, judge accordingly.

Last edited:
Associate
The thing nowadays kids have access to a plethora of messed up videos and media online which we didn't have when we were kids.

Associate
I saw it at 11 about 3 years after it came out. Great film, aged well.. I understand them doing the second one, it wasn't that bad but the third one?
Awful.. though presumably this was because they had a cartoon out and just wanted to maximise "demographics"
The toys were cool!

Think compared to what kids see these days its not that bad, there are a couple dodgy scenes in the first half hour (Murphy and Ed209 fail)
Then not much to write home about till bad guy drives into toxic waste (I am guilty of laughing at his "end")
Other than that its mostly the adult language/themes and obviously the scenes with drugs involved etc

Shout out whoever mentioned Aliens.. the special/director cut is mint its one of those films which lives proudly on the shelf :)
Its too bad the direction they went with 3, I listened to a really cool audio book narrated by the lad who played Bishop which focuses on the events between 2 and 3

Don't make them like that anymore.. I think the last thing which sort of disturbed me slightly was human centipede but in my defence we made the mistake of watching it during a meal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom