What are the Wii must plays

Soldato
got a Wii recently. never had one before and only have Mario Kart at moment
what are the classics worth picking up
Super Mario Galaxy (1 or 2?)
zelda twilight princess?
could all be for nothing though if i can't get on with this nunchuck :o

Soldato
Zelda Skyward Sword (you need Wii Motion Plus for that)

Not really classics but
Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora Tower if you like your RPG's.
All of the House of the Deads, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor if you like shoot em ups.

If you have the Original Wii console (not the Wii Mini or Black Wii) then you have GameCube compatibility which opens even more of a backlog of games.

Soldato
Wii Sports 1 and 2.

I quite enjoyed Quantum of Solace, though it's no n64 Goldeneye.

I played Mariokart relatively recently. Are the servers still down / gone?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
is this one game or 3 separate games?
is there a lot of arm swinging?
been playing zelda and can't say i'm a fan of the wii mote, finding it annoying but will persevere for now

It's a single game that upgrades the Gamecube versions of MP1 & 2 with 16:9 and motion controls (plus a few visual upgrades), and Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) in one bundle.

s6zH7wu.jpg

The motion controls are quite subtle, the nunchuck is for movement, the Wii-mote is aiming of your arm cannon which can all be done from the wrist without any arm flailing.

Though it might be quite hard to find now. Alternatively you can just grab the Gamecube versions of MP1 & 2 and play those with the gamecube controller instead, then grab MP3 separately.

Associate
it is the original with the Gamecube ports on the top
like the sound of Donkey Kong Country Returns, loved DK on the snes

I think the GameCube compatibility is by far the best thing about the Wii. There a number of amazing games on the GameCube that would be worth playing e.g. Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros, Resident Evil 4 etc. Even Starfox Adventures was a great game although its aimed at younger players.

Wii wise I really only got stuck into Mario Kart, which is standard on any Nintendo device. Even lookign at Metacritic really quickly I wouldn't pull out any stand out games to buy other than party games for the family like Mario Party ones.

Soldato
OP
hmmm i might venture onto some gamecube games then
i'm not warming to the wii mote honestly. it's great for the sports games but on zelda i find it annoying, there's no precision

Back
Top Bottom