What are you listening to, GD?

Had a bit of a schadenlol sticking £70 of unleaded in the car today as I drove around Bewdley today when this absolute banger came on Absolute Radio 80s.

To be clear, Boris can get absolutely slathered in something disgusting. Lying bar steward.

Without going all @Jean-F, in 2007 I went to Red by Night on the Dudley Canal not far from the Merry Hill shopping centre just outside of Stourbridge on an indirect birthday invite for somebody I didn't really know. The only reason I went was because I was very sweet on a girl from my politics A-Level class who happened to be going. Anyway, I went along and thankfully the drinks had been heavily watered down. This song played as me and the girl I was sweet on sat down at a table for a cuddle and a chat.

Driving back on the A4036 and Hagley Road in my sheddly Corsa 1.2 twinport was equally not the best thing ever but also I was riding a wave of teenage adrenaline.

Then some years later I would buy my first 'grown up' car, a 6 series BMW that was stupid on so many levels that it deserves its own thread. However, I will always remember buying that absolute nightmare of a beautiful care by the first song on the radio as I drove it home:

One of my 'favourite' memories was pulling off the M5 at Junction 27 on the way to Barnstaple and suddenly realising that the self-leveling xenon headlamps had given up the ghost and were aiming squarely at the ground. Not ideal when you have another 45-60 minute drive down an unlit A-road at 8pm and the service station didn't have allen keys long enough to manually adjust the bloody lights. Sweaty drive.

Dn4yE67.gif

Back
Top Bottom