What car do you drive and why?

Soldato
Current Car: Audi TT-S
Love the styling, it's fairly rapid, a lot more practical than it's rivals, reasonable fuel economy too. The only thing it's missing is a better engine note and rear-bias 4wd because it's not as "fun" as it could be. I know 99% of people on here would have bought a 2nd hand Cayman/Boxster instead but i'm just not a Porsche fan!

Next car: Not for a few years, will probably remap first and then look at second hand GT-Rs or maybe something else in a few years time.

Associate
Current Car: 1988 Golf Tour 1.8
Why? Because work stopped giving me a company car so i wanted something cheap and cheerful. I managed to buy and insure it out of my wages which was ace, so i can continue saving up for something better.

Next Car: Something with 2 sits that is preferably rear wheel drive.(S2000, Z4 or the like.)
Why? I will be 25 soon and, touch wood, will have 8 years NCB so want something silly whilst i am young enough to enjoy it.

Soldato
Current Car: Audi TT-S
Love the styling, it's fairly rapid, a lot more practical than it's rivals, reasonable fuel economy too. The only thing it's missing is a better engine note and rear-bias 4wd because it's not as "fun" as it could be. I know 99% of people on here would have bought a 2nd hand Cayman/Boxster instead but i'm just not a Porsche fan!

Next car: Not for a few years, will probably remap first and then look at second hand GT-Rs or maybe something else in a few years time.

Love the look of these. There's a white one local to me. It looks fantastic.

Soldato
Current car: Renault Clio Club Med 97
Why: Cheap car, got me from A to B. Purchased when I was skint, and it shows. When things get a bit more stable on the financial side of things, it's going. That leads me to -

Next car: MX5 or MR2. Fell in love with MX5, but wouldn't mind an MR2 either. Apparently even at my age (21) MR2s are affordable. I just think they look very nice, and are good for the money. I profess to having never driven one but I hear nothing but good things about them.

MrSix that is an awesome car, may I ask how much the insurance is for you?

Last edited:
Associate
I currently drive a Mazda RX8.

It's not exactly economical, but it looks gorgeous and it's nice to drive.
I wanted something that looked like a coupe, but had 4 seats and a boot.
RX8 ticks these boxes.

I wasn't totally sold on it until I saw Clarkson rave about them.

No regrets yet.

Soldato
Current car: MK5 Golf GTi DSG
Why: It was the best all round car I could drive, of this size, and resonably quick(very quick since I've had it remapped ~250BHP). DSG because I'm disabled and need hand controls so a manual is out of the question. It can do 38MPG on a sedate motorway cruise and is very comfortable to drive long distances.

Next car: I'm soo tempted to get a Nissan GTR, the only thing is the size of the thing that puts me off, golf/focus size is big enough. On the other hand there are rumors of a MK6 Golf that's 4 wheel drive with a 5 cylinder twin turbo ~350BHP engine that, if true, is very tempting.

Soldato
What car
Mk1 pre-facelift Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia

Why?
I was on a budget of £2000. I didn't like a Fiesta 1.25 but wanted something a tiny bit more powerful. In the end I picked up a really good Focus for £1700. So far I’ve spent around £400 getting the timing belt, tensioners, water pump, front disks, front pads, rear drums and shoes replaced. So you could say I bought it for £2100 and nothing needs changing.

What am I considering for the future?
I'll keep the car until 2010/2011. I simply can't afford to buy another one and the running costs of the one I have is ideal. However, I’ve been keeping my eye on the:
BMW 3 series (undecided which one)
Merc C Class (undecided which one)
Focus ST

DSC00186Medium.jpg

DSC00187Medium.jpg

Soldato
What car
R53 Mini Cooper S in Chilli Red with Chilli Pack

Why?
Because I am a sucker for Minis, since I had my one, i fell in love with the car, it's handling and just the sheer ammount of fun the cars are, even more so with the Cooper S as I have the power now to match the handing. I had a Ford Focus between my One and Cooper, one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Albeit the Cooper wasn't much better!

What am I considering for the future?

Nothing yet, I plan on running this into the floor (Seriously!! :p)

Associate
Current car 1: '89 Mercedes SEC 4.2 V8 - I was looking for something sensible for day to day driving about but saw this & had to have it.

Current car 2: '00 TVR Cerbera 4.5 V8 - Very very fast, loud & wild to drive. Amazing weekend blasting around car.

Soldato
a TVR will stay working for the whole weekend?!?!?! I think you should fit a speed 6 in there to stop such shenanigans

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Current car 1: '89 Mercedes SEC 4.2 V8 - I was looking for something sensible for day to day driving about but saw this & had to have it.

Current car 2: '00 TVR Cerbera 4.5 V8 - Very very fast, loud & wild to drive. Amazing weekend blasting around car.

You are required by OcUK forum rules to post pictures of the above immediately. (especially the merc).

Soldato
current car Volvo 850 2.0 20v SE
why it was £300 and i needed something big.
next car? Probably a Diesel 850 or V70. Don't really know this one owes me very little so it might get driven till it dies should that ever happen :)

Soldato
I drive a 1994 Impreza WRX STI with a facelift front and and 380BHP. I drive it because ive always wanted one and love the noise Subaru's make !

Hitman
Soldato
Current: '56 Grande Punto

Why: Love the design of them! Wanted a better car than the first car I had (1l Saxo) and fell for this.

Back
Top Bottom