What colour should I paint my alloys?

Associate
Hey guys,

I will be having my alloys refurbished shortly, and I am unsure of which colour to have them done. I had thought about black, but I hate how it makes the wheels lose all detail, and I just do not think they will suit the car. I feel like anthracite / gun metal will be to similar to the body colour, so that leaves me with silver. How ever there are so many variations of silver out there, and then there is black chrome, which implies it is black, yet looks like a chrome silver? All input appreciated!

Pictures of current alloys on the car below:
2oVnb9m.png

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
What's wrong with the current colour? suits the car.
Adamant for a change what about a shade of bronze?

Associate
OP
This gunmetal looks nice actually
attachment.php

Yes that kind of colour, something that makes the tyres look separate to the wheels. I think silver may look too bright.

Yes, I see what you mean. The above image looks great imo

Associate
Thinking about the same on my 4 series just now as the diamond cut finish on the 442m alloys is corroding around the centre caps.

The paint is mineral grey so I want an alloy colour not far away from the original diamond cut finish but do want a painted finish this time for longevity. Thinking that a standard silver or possibly a black/shadow chrome as don't want to stray too far from an OEM look. Maybe a very light anthracite at a push as anything darker loses the detail.

Man of Honour
Are they the right wheels for that car? They look like they are off something newer, in which case the correct finish is the polished face and grey painted inside bit?

Soldato
Just my opinion, and everyone is different.

Personally I think if you have a silver car, the wheels need to be black, maybe bronze.

Anything silver or grey doesn't contrast enough, and I feel it's a bit like wearing double denim.

Any other colour just won't suit. Maybe, maybe a metallic dark blue might work.

But honestly if it were me, satin/matt black all the way.

Caporegime
Pink.

Just my opinion, and everyone is different.

Personally I think if you have a silver car, the wheels need to be black, maybe bronze.

Anything silver or grey doesn't contrast enough, and I feel it's a bit like wearing double denim.

Any other colour just won't suit. Maybe, maybe a metallic dark blue might work.

But honestly if it were me, satin/matt black all the way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But your opinion is wrong. You black wheel loving weirdo! :mad: :p

I bet you have a corner sofa too. And like peas! :mad: :p

Soldato
The factory diamond cut is perfectly durable if they are not curbed. Factory colours for those wheel are a dark silver or black, but always with the diamond cut face.

They are not great very common for them to corrode around the centre cap with no other visible damage. I got four new wheels at the end of warranty check due to this (I did have to mention the corrosion) so common they kept them in stock for swapping them out.

I’ve noticed on the new design wheels they are painted around the centre caps so I expect they will last well as the rest of the wheel was fine. The ones in the op look like they are painted in the centre so must be a newer design.

Back
Top Bottom