What Contract?

Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Orange are being silly buggers about the contract, so gonna cancel the contract (£40inc a month).

Was getting 550 mins & unlimited texts.

What other offers are there to get?

I text alot, and like good phones.

O2?

Also what phones? Looking moreso now at O2 Xda Orbit, N95, LG Prada.

Any deals have over 1000 texts? Needing ~1000 or more.
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Dreadi said:
02 £35 one online is 18months, 600 mins and 1000 texts i think
Thats the one im looking at.

Also says Long Weekends? Is that free Sat through to Mon? Or just one day?

Anyone know about the T-Mobile SideKick, is it any good?
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Think im gonna go for the T-Mobile Web 'n' Walk 35 Plan, £42.50 - £180 credit & Unlimited Internet/Email Access.

Anyone on this plan?

Also what phone (qwerty would be nice, but dont want a chunky chunky phone) to get?
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Jan 2004
Posts
5,709
Location
North London
Syk3 said:
Thats the one im looking at.

Also says Long Weekends? Is that free Sat through to Mon? Or just one day?

Anyone know about the T-Mobile SideKick, is it any good?

Hey mate, im currently on the
02 £35 one online is 18months, 600 mins and 1000 texts.

The long weekends you can choose between minutes/texts. Whatever you choose you get 2000 minutes or texts to use every weekend until your next bill. I think it's friday midnight to sunday midnight. Everywhere on the o2 site i go it states something different so not to sure on that. All i know it's up to 2000 mins or texts.
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
v1bez said:
Hey mate, im currently on the
02 £35 one online is 18months, 600 mins and 1000 texts.

The long weekends you can choose between minutes/texts. Whatever you choose you get 2000 minutes or texts to use every weekend until your next bill. I think it's friday midnight to sunday midnight. Everywhere on the o2 site i go it states something different so not to sure on that. All i know it's up to 2000 mins or texts.
So its all weekend, thats good then.

Im torn between:

£35 -

O2 - 600 mins & 1000 texts & Long Weekends

£35 -

T-Mobile Flext 35 - £180

£42.50 -

T-Mobile Wen 'n' Walk Flext 35 - £180 & Unlimited Internet Access
 
Soldato
Joined
6 Nov 2004
Posts
5,752
Sticking with orange would be your best bet, you can get 500-600 mins unlimited texts for £35, your probably on that now but you probably haven't cancelled your orange world evening and weekend bundle?
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Vegeta said:
Sticking with orange would be your best bet, you can get 500-600 mins unlimited texts for £35, your probably on that now but you probably haven't cancelled your orange world evening and weekend bundle?
I get 550 Mins & Unlimited Texts for £35.

Sticking is an option, but they are wanting £70 + £6 a month for a Replacement. Or ~£200 for an upgrade.

Id like to be able to surf the internet occasionally.

If i was to stay, what phone should i purchase unlocked?

N95 is a bit expensive atm.
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
7 Jan 2004
Posts
5,709
Location
North London
Well o2's surfing is exspensive, i wouldn't even consider o2 if you wanting to use your phone for any surfing at all. It add's up quite quickly, but out of the two without surfing i'd choose the o2 deal, i did over orange just due to me being an original o2 customer and i think their customer service has been brilliant compared to some experiences with orange.

I got my k810i with £75 cash credited to my account on £35 a month option and i pay the top insurance service. Works out around £42.50 a month.
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Think (for now) gonna stick with Orange, see what happens. But not paying them for a replacement.

So what should i get sim free?

LG Prada?

Not sure really.

Any input would be great.
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Jan 2004
Posts
5,709
Location
North London
Sorry if you've stated somewhere else but what's wrong with your current contract or your phone to need a replacement other than loosing it or something.
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
v1bez said:
Sorry if you've stated somewhere else but what's wrong with your current contract or your phone to need a replacement other than loosing it or something.
It got wet - but not seriously, and completely bombed out, but after opening it up - its not because of water damage, it just bombed completely out, on the same day.

Rang up Orange, and they said they wont replace it, and we have to deal with Orange.

Or we pay £70 and then £6 every month.

So we were gonna stop it all, as it states in T&C's that phones are under 2 year warranty, and the phone is insured.
 
Soldato
Joined
6 Nov 2004
Posts
5,752
How far are you into your contract? If you wait a few months I bet you could upgrade for free.

Orange have improved their GPRS but still doesnt compare to t-mobile.

These are the offerings.

4mb a month for £4
30mb a month for £8
Free evening and weekend browsing unlimited at £5
Unlimited browsing a day for £1

Or for free get a Orange World daily cap on your account that doesn't allow you to spend more than £1.50 for unlimited usage, so as soon as you hit £1.50 of GPRS usage you can keep using it but you won't be charged anymore.
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Vegeta said:
How far are you into your contract? If you wait a few months I bet you could upgrade for free.

Orange have improved their GPRS but still doesnt compare to t-mobile.

These are the offerings.

4mb a month for £4
30mb a month for £8
Free evening and weekend browsing unlimited at £5
Unlimited browsing a day for £1

Or for free get a Orange World daily cap on your account that doesn't allow you to spend more than £1.50 for unlimited usage, so as soon as you hit £1.50 of GPRS usage you can keep using it but you won't be charged anymore.
Been on for about 8 months now. On 18 months contract.
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Jan 2004
Posts
5,709
Location
North London
Syk3 said:
Been on for about 8 months now. On 18 months contract.

You do know if you cancel, you'll have to pay of the remainding of the contract in one go. Just buy a payg phone and use the sim in there until your contract ends.
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
v1bez said:
You do know if you cancel, you'll have to pay of the remainding of the contract in one go. Just buy a payg phone and use the sim in there until your contract ends.
Nah, we dont have to as the phone conked out, which wasnt our fault - and they wont replace it. So if need be, it'll end up in court or w/e.

What phone should i be looking at? As a good replacement for D900?
 
Soldato
Joined
6 Nov 2004
Posts
5,752
Syk3 said:
Nah, we dont have to as the phone conked out, which wasnt our fault - and they wont replace it. So if need be, it'll end up in court or w/e.

What phone should i be looking at? As a good replacement for D900?
If it's conked out after 8 months its not oranges problem, they cover it for the first 6 months then the next 6 months is covered by the manufacturer (i.e Samsung) aslong as it just conked out by its own accord and not been damaged etc etc.
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Feb 2006
Posts
10,586
Vegeta said:
If it's conked out after 8 months its not oranges problem, they cover it for the first 6 months then the next 6 months is covered by the manufacturer (i.e Samsung) aslong as it just conked out by its own accord and not been damaged etc etc.
On the phone they said theres a 2 year warranty, through Orange about their phones. So its their problem. And the guy also said that they should replace them, but they dont.
 
Soldato
Joined
6 Nov 2004
Posts
5,752
Syk3 said:
On the phone they said theres a 2 year warranty, through Orange about their phones. So its their problem. And the guy also said that they should replace them, but they dont.
Which guy? I'd make sure you read everything and speak to a supervisor as you tend to get a lot of different information from the people on the phone, new starters etc.
 
Top