What controller do you use on your PC?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I've been gaming on my PC forever, rarely had any console because I much preferred Keyboard and Mouse - except when it came to Driving Games, Fighting Games or Sports Games (Fifa, NBA etc.).

In the 90's I had some weird little Nintendo rip-off looking white plastic controller which connected via a serial port, which was great as we could connect two so me and my brother could whoop each other on Virtua Fighter!

Later on in the 90's we both got Microsoft SideWinders, although later my brother bought a SideWinder Freestyle Pro (which you tilted to control acceleration or whatever you wanted I guess). These lasted quite a number of years until the Xbox 360 came out and we started using Xbox 360 controllers on the PC.

2 days ago my 360 pad finally gave in, the L1 button simply stuck down and I couldn't be bothered to try and fix it so I jumped out to PC world to grab a Controller from the latest Xbox (one?).

When I mentioned to the guy (actually, more like a kid, although perhaps he was in his 20's, who knows - I'm old and can't tell anymore) that my 360 pad finally died he looked flabbergasted at the mere mention of using a 360 pad still, but to be fair it had served me very well, and in that moment I realised how incredibly old and outdated I am as an ageing family man :(

Either way, this new Xbox one (?) controller is pretty sweet, if not pretty much exactly the same as the 360 controller it replaced :cry:

What is the preferred controller for PC's these days for you youth? (apart from keyboard and mouse, obvs)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
OK reading the replies it seems I've been waaay behind some of you guys! Making me wish I got a PS5 pad instead. But also, loving the 360 love still going strong :D

What do you use those rear paddle buttons for? Custom commands?

When people are saying "Xbox 1" are they referring to the new one or the original xbox? Is that still compatible?

@Le Clandestin Brun Do you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravis_PC_GamePad

I think it was advertised on one of the Jazz Jackrabbit games. I had the 1st one on PC.
Oh man that brings back memories!! I'm pretty sure that's the one :D

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
New console is called the Series X or Series S. So Xbox One is the old console. It appears people vary in their preference for which one as they are different each gen. There's also the Elite version of pad which has had a few changes IIRC, but it's ludicrously expensive.
Ooooohh, so I've bought a Series X/S pad, not a One pad haha - man, I'm even more out of date than I though :D

ZcJ3RHRl.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom