What controller do you use on your PC?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I've been gaming on my PC forever, rarely had any console because I much preferred Keyboard and Mouse - except when it came to Driving Games, Fighting Games or Sports Games (Fifa, NBA etc.).

In the 90's I had some weird little Nintendo rip-off looking white plastic controller which connected via a serial port, which was great as we could connect two so me and my brother could whoop each other on Virtua Fighter!

Later on in the 90's we both got Microsoft SideWinders, although later my brother bought a SideWinder Freestyle Pro (which you tilted to control acceleration or whatever you wanted I guess). These lasted quite a number of years until the Xbox 360 came out and we started using Xbox 360 controllers on the PC.

2 days ago my 360 pad finally gave in, the L1 button simply stuck down and I couldn't be bothered to try and fix it so I jumped out to PC world to grab a Controller from the latest Xbox (one?).

When I mentioned to the guy (actually, more like a kid, although perhaps he was in his 20's, who knows - I'm old and can't tell anymore) that my 360 pad finally died he looked flabbergasted at the mere mention of using a 360 pad still, but to be fair it had served me very well, and in that moment I realised how incredibly old and outdated I am as an ageing family man :(

Either way, this new Xbox one (?) controller is pretty sweet, if not pretty much exactly the same as the 360 controller it replaced :cry:

What is the preferred controller for PC's these days for you youth? (apart from keyboard and mouse, obvs)

Soldato
I still use a 360 control because it works and i dont want to waste £15 - £20 on getting a USB thingy to make my wireless xbox one control work.

Soldato
I still use my old wireless Xbox 360 controller from when I was a kid (with usb wireless adapter) still works perfectly fine. Tried out the xbox one controller but it just felt too big.

Soldato
I only use one occasionally, so it's just the standard cheap MS 360 one I got from the shop here.
I've tried several high end controllers, including the Elite one, and they're still just controllers to me with no perceptible difference between any of them.

I'm also not a youth, but it seems the cheapest official ones still do the job perfectly fine.

Soldato
What is the preferred controller for PC's these days for you youth? (apart from keyboard and mouse, obvs)

I have a full HOTAS. I also have an Xbox-style wired controller that I haven't used in some years. Somewhere I have that wierd Microsoft game controller that used a ball pivot. I think it's the Sidewinder Dual Strike, but I don't care enough to dig through the boxes.

Soldato
Was using a wireless 360 pad for years but the sticks started to go.

Now using a PS4 DS4 with DS4Windows and it's bloody awesome. Can customise controls and key combos and use the track pad to control the mouse. I use it for a complicated 2 room set up from one gaming PC upstairs (big OLED HDR TV in room downstairs) and it works a treat. Great for PC games and emulator stuff.

Soldato
I've been gaming on my PC forever, rarely had any console because I much preferred Keyboard and Mouse - except when it came to Driving Games, Fighting Games or Sports Games (Fifa, NBA etc.).

In the 90's I had some weird little Nintendo rip-off looking white plastic controller which connected via a serial port, which was great as we could connect two so me and my brother could whoop each other on Virtua Fighter!

Later on in the 90's we both got Microsoft SideWinders, although later my brother bought a SideWinder Freestyle Pro (which you tilted to control acceleration or whatever you wanted I guess). These lasted quite a number of years until the Xbox 360 came out and we started using Xbox 360 controllers on the PC.

2 days ago my 360 pad finally gave in, the L1 button simply stuck down and I couldn't be bothered to try and fix it so I jumped out to PC world to grab a Controller from the latest Xbox (one?).

When I mentioned to the guy (actually, more like a kid, although perhaps he was in his 20's, who knows - I'm old and can't tell anymore) that my 360 pad finally died he looked flabbergasted at the mere mention of using a 360 pad still, but to be fair it had served me very well, and in that moment I realised how incredibly old and outdated I am as an ageing family man :(

Either way, this new Xbox one (?) controller is pretty sweet, if not pretty much exactly the same as the 360 controller it replaced :cry:

Mostly Xbox pad but have 2 sinden lightguns , a fanatec GT3 with clubsprt pedals wheel and and x56hotas for those games where it makes sense

Aso have a Wii bar and the wimotes work really well on pc when playing Wii games on there (Wii games at 4k have never looked so good!)

Soldato
Xbox series X with windows dongle, and a few 360 knock off wireless pads. Xbox series X was a impulse buy but it hardly makes a difference to me personally when gaming over a wireless 360 pad.

Associate
I've been using the Xbox Series X controller myself. It's become my preferred method in most games, even FPS. It's just far more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom