What did I kill?

Soldato
Right I was messing around with overclocking, and for some reason I thought wouldnt it be fun to see what kind of overclock I could get putting all voltages to full, so CPU was around 1.69, ram 2.85 and morthbridge around 1.85 I think, I set all these values to bios it restarts, then power off NOTHING.
I frantically try clearing the Cmos, press on button - nothing!

Specs
Venice 3200 on Arctic cooler pro 64
Gigabyte 6800ultra
1gig ram (geil ultra corsair xmscpt2)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Motherboard.
X-Pro 460W Psu.

I know im a idiot but what is the likely cause of this, hope to god it isnt broken but I cant see how it isnt.

if this doesnt work remove the battery and put it back in get your motherboard manual and make sure there isnt a jumper on the board thatu have to set for safe mode ,these are rare but some do have them.
you shouldnt have killed anything if your mobo is worth its salt it should have realised somthing was wrong the minute you rebooted and prevented it from starting up.
now if you had somehow got it to start that would be a diffrent story then theres a good chance it would be dead.
what are your system specs?

Thank god, I unplugged everything and now its working again, I switched the PSU off at the back but this didnt do anything, unplugging seem to have made a difference.

Yeah I dont think i'll be doing that in a rush again, I kinda convinced myself thinking it would be fine to just up the volts to max, then max everything our rather than all the effort, stupid idea but happens when you get frustrated spend hours tweaking slowly.

Back
Top Bottom