What did you do to your bicycle today?

Soldato
Put the inner tube in properly after quickly trying to swap tyres and tubes over yesterday morning before rushing to work. luckily I only had to get 200 yards to work this morning from the car :D

Soldato
Quick top up of air to get ~85/100PSI on 25c Continental Grandsport Races and then a quick (for me!) ~27 mile blast on the edge of the South Downs. Heat affected me far less than I expected, presumably because of the light SE breeze.

Caporegime
Single speed: rode it 11 miles to work, then did 64 miles in the afternoon and ended up at home again. Took the rear hub apart again to try to get the play out. Silly cups and cones!

Cross bike: gave it a bit of a clean, then swapped the cross tyres for road tyres so I can try it on the road. Managed to damage a tube installing it, gah.

Associate
I've had a £20 voucher for halfords since Christmas which was to spend on tyres but, they only seemed to stock gatorskins in 28c. So after multiple trips I decided to buy a cycling toolset for £15 cost to me.

At some point this coming week I'm going to get the drivetrain off and properly clean it. Sick of the black gunk even after washing.

Soldato
I cycled ~4 miles of my ~4.5 mile trip to work, pushing the rest of the way and then pushed it all the way home... First puncture while commuting for ~8 years (hence I had become complacent about not taking emergency gear)!

Could have popped into a bike store on the way home for a new tube and ask to borrow a pump, but I have quite a few spare tubes already at home. Initially thought it might be a snakebite puncture, as a quick inspection before heading home did not reveal an obvious cut in the rear G-One Speed TLE (running with a tube), but a few minutes after getting back I discovered a nick close to the valve.

Kind of makes me think again about trying tubeless, but I really cannot afford to splash out on the startup kit after buying the new bike recently, must fit he emergency kit (tube, pump, lever) to the bike as of next week.

Oh well, took literally just over an hour to get home, at a heart rate worthy of a zone 2 recovery ride.;)

New tube fitted, so commute bike ready for Tuesday.

Soldato
Got all dressed up ready to go out to spin the legs after a morning of renovation works. Opened my garage door and the heavens opened completely. So shut the door came in and sorted out inner tubes and disc pads and had a look at the Bluetooth in line di2 transmitter that turned up the other day.

Soldato
Tweaked the saddle tilt and fore-aft before a ~33 miler, only to be in more perineum discomfort compared to how the saddle was before, the final few miles home were rather painful!

Soldato
Switched the saddle over and fitted a second Tacx Tao cage. Wish the rides I use this for were short enough not to need cages as it ruins the profile :(

The saddle does have twin bottle mount options mind and I do have the Tri adapter for the seatpost but I'm not sure which is more criminal :p

TPs3Oaih.jpg

tV5y8Kxh.jpg

Associate
Switched the saddle over and fitted a second Tacx Tao cage. Wish the rides I use this for were short enough not to need cages as it ruins the profile :(

The saddle does have twin bottle mount options mind and I do have the Tri adapter for the seatpost but I'm not sure which is more criminal :p

What's the purpose of that super short saddle? I've seen them but never had the pleasure of trying one.

Caporegime
Wish the rides I use this for were short enough not to need cages as it ruins the profile :(
I wouldn't worry, that frame looks preposterous as it is :p

Anyway... I'm on a train home from Llandudno with my bike, and will ride home from the nearest station to where I live. I spent the ten minutes I had to wait for the train unravelling my bar tape and tidying up the little bit of tape they give you to go around the hoods as I'd made a hash of things.

Back
Top Bottom