What did you do to your bicycle today?

Soldato
Rewrapped one side of bar tape as there was an annoying bit not quite long enough to poke back into the bar end. Took off cranks, clearing grit from around spindle to solve a 'click' also cleaning chainrings and then GT85'ing. Removed pedal spindles and regreased as long overdue, the Finish Line Teflon grease I recently got might not be thick enough so will monitor it, probably best on hubs (what I got it for). Cleaned & relubed chain. Pumped tyres, little overdue as my front had dipped down to 40PSI and the rear around 50PSI. Thought they were feeling a little too 'comfortable'! (28mm). Going back up to 80/85PSI was quite a shock on this mornings commute! :o ;)

Not bad for around an hours maintenance. Pro! :cool:

Soldato
Why do the lazy fat people who need an engine in their bike get dibs on the term "bike".
Why aren't they renamed to "motorbike" and we can keep the term "bike"?
Mod bias. I am taking offence.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Chopped down and fitted a new fork to my winter bike. I now have a working bike whilst my summer steed is still recovering from my car crash.

Don
I don't use a computer anymore, I have a quick release quad lock and just use an app on my phone!

On my list to replace my computer at some point, but it's a half decent wireless RSP one that does cadence as well, so will cost a fair amount for new bluetooth sensors, and will no doubt need a better phone as my Moto G2 struggles with Strava and playing music as it is :)

Man of Honour
I just went to change it but I think a mod already has.

Cheers, it kept making me think I'd miss clicked.

Why do the lazy fat people who need an engine in their bike get dibs on the term "bike".

Call it whatever you want as long as they're different :p

Soldato
Tightened rear guard mount as it started to make some noise earlier. Cleaned & regreased BB again as still got a gritty noise. Cleaned jockey wheels and figured I need to change one of them as it's quite worn and the chain can jump off it (and I've got spares somewhere). Need to strip & change gear cables and possibly some outers soon too (now the winter is over) as indexing is starting to be tricky. About to tick over 2000 miles so far this year (and nearing 3500 miles on these cables). Chain needs changing in the next few hundred miles too (1500 so far).

/seconded.

The entire kit. I got it from Evans cycles (link below) - it's not cheap but it's already helped me out!!
When I got it, it was £100.
Looks ace, I've wanted the box for a while (Specialized Diverge) but have no need for the other parts. In the USA you can get the Box on it's own for $35. Cheapest I could find it in Europe was £100/€120 which made it a pretty stupid choice over buying the whole set like you did. It's still a crazy price for what it is, I just have no need for the topcap chain tool and cages! Maybe I'll just bite the bullet one day! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Canyon Nerve XC 9.0 2012

First few years had some heavy riding and the last few some garage neglect, so I'm looking to service and rebuild it.

WP_20170530_19_38_33_Pro_highres.jpg

Soldato
Single Chainringed my Scott, got to sort out the expander sprocket still though, then changed the lock out cable from blue to green, and checked if my Ultegra crank fits on the Deore, which it does. Also rode the Ridley quite a lot!

Associate
Requested to by Canyon as part of a warranty claim, before they would process a replacement they wanted to see the old frame decommissioned.

Back
Top Bottom