What differences will i notice ?

Associate
Always used standard Logitech or Microsoft membrane type keyboards never paid more than £15 for them, never felt need to use a mechanical board and reasonably happy with using Microsoft 600 wired for past 2 years.

I'm now keen to try out the Cougar 300K as have read good reviews and it's only £30, and not a full on mechanical board so it shouldn't be too loud i believe, but does anyone want to offer advice or opinions as to will i really actually notice better performance compared to existing Microsoft 600, or what other board around £30-£40 could i go for ?

Soldato
Do you know someone with a mechanical keyboard or is there any shops near that you can go try one in?

I'm a big believer in that nobody can tell you how much you will or won't like a new peripheral, only you can, which is why it's best to try before you part with any money. :)

Associate
Performance, probably not no. You're not really going to get a great mech for between £30-40, unless you get a used one i guess. But even then you likely won't see "better" performance, but you may enjoy using it more. I switched to mechs a few years ago and they are certainly much nicer to use on a daily basis, but then i code and write on them a lot so i may use the keyboard much more than your average PC user!

Back
Top Bottom