• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What Digital TV Card?

Associate
I am looking to getting a Digital TV card for my PC. I am looking to spend upto about £30 to £50 possibly stretch to £60 (has to be a damn good card!). I have had a look at getting a Dual Digital TV card (what I really want) but have decided to wait until there are more available with more options extras etc, so something that will take me from now till then.

I have had a look around and am currently looking at :
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100 Freeview TV Tuner (GX-025-HA)
Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T PCI Freeview TV Tuner (GX-024-HA)

As I have never bought an actual TV card (I did have an old AIW, but that didn't like XP) I don't really know whats good and whats bad, though I have had a couple people say to me that Hauppauge are good in this area. So are either of those decent? One better than the other? Any better ones out there for that price region?

edit:

Oh, and just incase it has any relevance on drivers etc I am running an AMD 64 3700 on Win XP Pro (32-bit version)...

Also, as well as the quality of the card the software needs to be upto scratch or good alternative readily available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom