What do I get engraved?

Soldato
Hi there,

I am getting my tags embossed or engraved and I wondered if you kind lot could give me some idea on what I should get on them?

Thanks....

Associate
Surname
Name & Initials
Social Sec Number + blood type
USMC + Gas mask size
Religion

i mean come on its ** thing (and its lame, imo)

Associate
The only person I know who has tags is my mother, she has her mum's ones from the war. One with her maiden name and the other with her married name, and they sit on her Keyring.

Soldato
OP
OCdt Stringy said:
oooooh yeah, Military Accessories are fun yo

Especially ones which are traditionally used to identify dead people!
Word!

ease up mate......i didnt mean any disrespect to you or anyone else....sorry...

Soldato
Nah, just yanks my chain whenever I see people out and about wearing tags like some sort of fashion accessory, it's just my opinion.

Feel free to wear whatever you want :)

Associate
@Stringy

if you are in London, do you guys train at that Northwood base? When i was really young, i lived close to there, there were always guys running around in groups (whatever) near the woods

Soldato
spirit said:
@Stringy

if you are in London, do you guys train at that Northwood base? When i was really young, i lived close to there, there were always guys running around in groups (whatever) near the woods
I start my training in July at RAFC Cranwell in Lincolnshire

Northwood is the Permanent Joint Headquarters of the British Armed Forces.

Associate
Fair enough good luck with all that :)

Do you know about that base, im pretty sure its Airforce (as well as army and navy) too, i think it might be quite important too in terms of command, not too sure though!

Soldato
spirit said:
Fair enough good luck with all that :)

Do you know about that base, im pretty sure its Airforce (as well as army and navy) too, i think it might be quite important too in terms of command, not too sure though!
You could say Northwood is pretty important, yes
http://www.northwood.mod.uk/

Anyway, enough off topicness.

I would recommend if you're going to wear tags to have something practical on them, instead of something 'funny'. Like name, phone number of Next of Kin, blood type and the like. That way if something did 'happen' to you, then they would have a use :)

Back
Top Bottom