What do people think of the Mini ? (new one)

Soldato
commited said:
Great cars - not the most practical, and not the most roomy, especially for their size, but they grip like nothing else.

Try and push to the cooper - the One can feel a little underpowered, especially if you get a shot in a cooper.
If you cant stretch to a cooper, get a one and chip it.

Chipping a One has more gains than chipping a Cooper bhp-wise.
35-odd for the one and 15 or so for the Cooper, academic i know seeing as it has more bhp to start with but you can pick up a One considerably less than a Cooper.

As for cost of options, they cost a fortune and will increase the cost of a car by 2-3k if you go for things such as the chilly pack, air conditioning, vision pack etc.

Associate
mightynimrod said:
35-odd for the one and 15 or so for the Cooper, academic i know seeing as it has more bhp to start with but you can pick up a One considerably less than a Cooper.

The cooper and one are the same engine but the one is restricted. Therefore you will be able to push the same bhp out of both of them when chipped but the one will not have the uprated brakes/suspension which I believe the cooper has.

As for release date of new mini

Spy shots of new mini

130bhp claimed out of the mini one just from a remap

Last edited:
Soldato
mightynimrod said:
yup - I read that a non-chipped Coopers feels a lot quicker than a Chipped one however.
It's all about the power curve!

Soldato
Front wheel drive BMW's are fine handling small cars with reasonable performance and minimal depreciation. As long as you only want to put midgets or children in the rear seats, and you don't need to carry too much in the boot then it's a good choice.

OTOH Mini's are fantastic machines that have arguably better packaging than a simmilarly named car produced 42 years later...

Back
Top Bottom