What do you do to preserve battery life?

Associate
Phones modern phones charge so fast Im not really bothered trying to actively save battery life. I would however recommend to use night/dark mode even during day time. Also as others have said dont charge to 100%. There's a neat app called accubattery which allows you to set an alarm to go off at a certain charge level.

Soldato
I have a Pixel 4, which probably has worse reported battery life than all you guys and I do nothing to preserve battery life :p

As has been eluded too. No point in having a smartphone if you turn all it's features off! Just charge now and then if you need. :)

Associate
Just use dark mode nothing else.

I don't suffer from battery anxiety I just use my phone and charge it when needs be, I've never been in a situation where I've run out of battery when I've not been at home to charge it.
I get up for work at 4am put my phone on the wireless charger & charge it to 100%, come home with around 40 to 50% battery left & do the same routine next morning, only time i change my charging habits
is when i'm not working ie days off/holidays then i'll put it on charge when i get up & this is on a S10e.

As i intend keeping this phone until around this time next year, if the battery start to show signs of not holding a charge then i'll use my 2 years warranty and get it sent of to Samsung for a new one.

Associate
iPhone standby is significantly better than any Android phone which definitely helps over the course of a day.
My android phone hardly uses any battery on standby.....and given I get 48 hours between charges and 8 hours screen time I'm not worried about a few extra minutes when it's not being used lol

Associate
Just use dark mode nothing else.

I don't suffer from battery anxiety I just use my phone and charge it when needs be, I've never been in a situation where I've run out of battery when I've not been at home to charge it.
I get up for work at 4am put my phone on the wireless charger & charge it to 100%, come home with around 40 to 50% battery left & do the same routine next morning, only time i change my charging habits
is when i'm not working ie days off/holidays then i'll put it on charge when i get up & this is on a S10e.

As i intend keeping this phone until around this time next year, if the battery start to show signs of not holding a charge then i'll use my 2 years warranty and get it sent of to Samsung for a new one.
They reckon dark mode has negligible effect on modern smartphones

Soldato
You can install a custom ROM, lower the brightness, turn off all functions unused and disable apps.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing.

It's sad that you still have to run your phone at 50% of the brightness sort of thing, or do you, I do.
Why not just buy a battery power bank..

I have a few of these,
One I keep in my car, one at work and a few different sizes of them at home

Soldato
I used to be paranoid about my battery life, these days though I put it on charge when it needs it. I have wireless chargers at home & work.
Usually get 1 1/2 days use out of my note 9 obviously depending on use. Never get less than a day though.

Back
Top Bottom