What do you do when a Council Officer walks up to you?

Probably to be expected, smoking isn't desperately high on the 'really good ideas' list in the first place :p

To be fair I think people underestimate how difficult it is to give up, even with modern aids. Hospital I use to work in had a smoking room (we're going back a couple of decades) and most of the patients using it regularly had at least one limb amputated in part due to side effects of smoking addiction. Many of them when you spoke to them would say they couldn't give up, they'd lost all hope.

I don't fully understand it as I was never a smoker, but given how hard my fat **** finds it not to eat the wrong foods, I have some sympathy.

Also vaping is a health time bomb too. NHS was wrong to back it as a substitute without proper research into it's long term side effects and standards for manufacturing.

To be fair I think people underestimate how difficult it is to give up, even with modern aids. Hospital I use to work in had a smoking room (we're going back a couple of decades) and most of the patients using it regularly had at least one limb amputated in part due to side effects of smoking addiction. Many of them when you spoke to them would say they couldn't give up, they'd lost all hope.

I don't fully understand it as I was never a smoker, but given how hard my fat **** finds it not to eat the wrong foods, I have some sympathy.

Also vaping is a health time bomb too. NHS was wrong to back it as a substitute without proper research into it's long term side effects and standards for manufacturing.

I used to smoke 20 or more a day and gave up cold turkey. Had been smoking for 12+ years. Not touched one since, never wanted to. If you want to do something you will. It's as simple as that. Will being the key word.

The hardest part was breaking the "habit", like getting in the car on the way to work, id light one up, but after a few weeks it was a distant memory.

I wonder if the same people who see throwing cigarettes down the drain as acceptable, are also the same to get all antsy about the pollution in their local waterways but lay the blame solely on the water companies (given the relatively recent news)

Last edited:
I wonder if the same people who see throwing cigarettes down the drain as acceptable, are also the same to get all antsy about the pollution in their local waterways but lay the blame solely on the water companies (given the relatively recent news)
you can walk for 15 minutes and not see a bin.

Down a drain, into the water way.

Somebody will enjoy swimming in that!
I’m sure there’s a lot worse ended up down a drain, never mind all the sewage they pump straight into rivers.

Not that I condone chucking cigarette butts down the drain or anywhere else, smokers in general seem oblivious to their impact on other people and the environment.

Whilst I agree that there are many places which could do with more bins, you don't gain some right to litter because you aren't close to a bin.
NO but it might help with the problem if there were more bins dotted around bus stops.

Every 2nd or 3rd bus stop should have a bin in areas with a rubbish problem

Same place as you were touched!

tbaa-monica.gif

Back
Top Bottom