What do you NOT regret buying the most?

Permabanned
The opposite to the other thread. What is the some of the best deals that you have had over the years and what items stand out as the best value for money?

My Dell u2412m was a great purchase and i can't recommend it enough. One of the best deals, I bought some Wharfedale Diamond 8 speakers off ebay for £110. They came with floor standers that were sand weighted and center speaker and back speakers with stands also weighted, perfect condition, i still think i can sell them for £150+. The other deal I bought a leather couch 3 seater and a 1 seater for £150 from an old lady on gumtree. My Sennheiser HD555 from amazon for £59 and i had £20 voucher so i got them for £39, they retail now for £90 i think. Also quite pleased with my silent night mattress, only £150 but super comfy. :D

Soldato
Similar to above - don't regret buying my Celestion satellite speakers and NAD gear, was great in the lounge for years and now I've upgraded I should get another 5+ years use in the study! £2k for 15 years isn't bad.

Got great use out of my old X1800xt graphics card - recently sold it for £30 as well :)

My current i7 setup probably cost me a grand but must be 2-3 years old and handles absolutely everything I throw at it.

Bought a 2nd hand 37" LG LCD TV from a mate 3 or so years ago (2 years old when I bought it) and was one of the first gen LG 1080p TV's and I'm always getting good comments from friends about the screen quality etc.

I'm a firm believer of buying the best you can afford or waiting until you can afford the best - nothing I've bought with this premise in mind has been a waste of money (to me) and often is the easiest stuff to sell on second hand.

Soldato
4870X2. First ever high end graphics card I ever bought. Before I would never dream of spending more than £50 on a single GPU, let alone over £330 for a dual GPU.

While it did last me about 18mths (I watercooled it for a time and then it started artifacting) I was still very pleased that I bought it.

I am now a proud owner of a 7970. So yeah, will forever keep buying high end graphics :D

Also another good buy was the Samsung 23" 120Hz 3D monitor. I bought it when OcUK had it for £185. I loved it so much, I hunted for another one for my other machine. Of course, I didn't get the 2nd one until 2 weeks ago, when I saw they had them in the B-Grade section. Now I can watch anything in 3D and not just blu-ray 3D :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a firm believer of buying the best you can afford or waiting until you can afford the best - nothing I've bought with this premise in mind has been a waste of money (to me) and often is the easiest stuff to sell on second hand.

The older I become the more I realise the value of this kind of thinking.

Soldato
My Xbox 360 - One of the most used product since I got it over 5 years ago. Only RRoD once just before the 3rd year, replaced (FoC by MS) and not done a thing wrong since. Cost me over £200 when I got it, totally worth it as that works out to be £40ish a year + ~£25 a year for Xbox live.

Doesn't include games but apart from Multiplayer, I always get second hand games (apart from must own e.g. Fallout)

Caporegime
So you regret your other 15? :p

Lol you know what I mean!

but I don't think I've had 16 cameras....

Old APS-C film at uni
Nikon P&S Digital (didn't actually buy this, was a present)
Canon EOS 300 film (swapped for the following)
Canon EOS 30 film
Canon A60 Digital
Canon S70 Digital
Canon 30D Digital
Canon 5Dii
Canon 5Dii
Olympus XZ-1
Canon 5Diii
Canon 5Diii

That's 11 :p

The 3 cameras that I learned what I know is the Canon A60, this is the one I used to take photos at uni. Then Canon 30D is the one where things got going, shot 3 free weddings with this. 5Dii is the one where everything clicked.

I mean I could easily say my Surround Sound set up gives me great pleasure watching movies in the comfort of my home, I could also say all the Bluray or even my car but the fact of the matter is that none of them could be here if I didn't pick up a camera. Not only they pay for itself, they also give me enjoyment with it. I can't ask more than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom