What do you use on your hair?

Soldato
I usually have my hair in these styles.

28hn0jn.jpg

6ye15z.jpg

35879s6.jpg

no homo

Soldato
Ive tried wax, gel, clay and putty before, the problem was that they all made my hair too heavy and during the day it would start to go from spikey to droopy, especially 1 part at the front of my hair. Then during a week at my gf's when I forgot to pack any products I just used some of her extra hold hairspray (wella I think) and I kid you not, probably the best thing I've used on it. Hair stayed as I styled it for 2 days.

Needless to say I'm using hairspray from now on.

Inb4 gay.

Caporegime
OP
Label M Matte Paste. Nothing else is like it. It's a bit expensive but it's the only hair stuff that doesn't make me look bald.

That's exactly the problem I have. I have short, thin hair and gel or the like just makes my scalp show through too much. Need something that holds without my hair becoming too stiff or showing too much scalp.

Soldato
Currently V05 fibre putty stuff but only because I couldn't find the paste last time I ran out, my hair is horrible with nothing in; dead straight and a bit puffy

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That's exactly the problem I have. I have short, thin hair and gel or the like just makes my scalp show through too much. Need something that holds without my hair becoming too stiff or showing too much scalp.

Give that stuff a try then. They sell it in Toni & Guy although they rarely have it in stock as it always sells out pretty quick. Sometimes you can get it in TK Maxx for a lot cheaper but it's rare.

Soldato
Fudge Matt Hed Extra or Redken Rough Paste are some of the best I've found. More expensive than the usual high street stuff like V05 but they're certainly worth the extra money. I find they provide a good matte textured look with decent hold.

Why not ask your hairdresser to recommend something the next time you go?

Soldato
depends what length my hair is

my hair used to grow really thick up until my early 20's and it used to really annoy me as only pomade would give it a good finish for defined spikes/messed up, fast forward to my early 30's and it's nowhere near as close knit and as much as it's a reminder of me getting old, it is easier to manage and i have it shorter as i'd look ridiculous trying to pull off the look now so just use a decent shampoo, conditioner which i don't wash out, towel dry, mousse, towel dry, comb through, hair spray, done. if i decide to spike it again, i would use matt clay these days but, like i said, i'm old and don't want to look like i'm trying to hold onto my youth.

Caporegime
I use gel atm. Years ago, there was a product in the Trevor Sorbie range called gloss, or something like that. I think they then stopped producing the product. I've never found anything as good since.

Back
Top Bottom