• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What does this mean for my 3090?

Soldato
OP
You'd be a fool to swap a 3090 for a 4070Ti. 12GB VRAM is just not enough now for enthusiast gamers and high settings, and certainly won't be going forward. Nicely confirmed by this recent HWUB vid below.

Much as I like Nivida GPUs and have had them for years now, they suck balls with regards to VRAM vs AMD cards. If the 5000 series has the same VRam specs as the 4000 series (which solid early leaks suggest) that is so ******* tight and stupid of Nvidia.

yeah, like i said above, firing up res evil 8 it was using 13gb VRAM in settings as default! before i changed anything! :eek:

G J

G J

Associate
Playing at 2560x1080 at what hz? Seems you should've just kept your 3080 until the next AMD/Nvidia cards came as your already have concerns over the 3090's power consumption and exploring options for a 4070Ti.

yeah, like i said above, firing up res evil 8 it was using 13gb VRAM in settings as default! before i changed anything! :eek:
Yes it will set the defaults based on GPU/VRAM as it set it at around 4.6-4.8GB for my rx6600 when I had it and around the same for my 3060ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, I just played Dead Space (2023) there, and on my old rig i had a few (4070, 4070 Super) and they had a lot of micro stutters..and this one today, none i could see! plus ran really cool on the GPU and CPU!

My only issue is I cant tell me FPS on that damn EA app, but it was looking sweet at High settings, DLSS set to Balanced.

Back
Top Bottom