What EV to buy?

Soldato
OP
There may be a plot twist here. I've just realised the "top of the range" Leaf I've specced up is now the same price as a
KIA E-NIRO ELECTRIC ESTATE (2020)
150KW 2 LONG RANGE 64KWH 5DR AUTO

Could this be a better choice?
Annoyingly this was a system glitch, and it was actually about £120/mo more.

I ended up with a Nissan Leaf e+ Teckna. Should do the job perfectly fine.

Soldato
I ended up with a Nissan Leaf e+ Teckna. Should do the job perfectly fine.
when will D day be ?

... this new xenforo doesn't allow you to put highlighted text into italics.
[ ... blind spot monitoring, cooled seats, HUD, Matrix lights, 360 camera and Apple Carplay aren't really my priorities but, i-pace can have adaptive suspension - no ?
also not currently on the Med with hot seats, HUD's&polarized glasses not friends, not frequently driving @ night on windy A roads with oncoming traffic for matrix benefit, & a usb connection on phone usually delivers better music quality than AA/CP - each to his own.
]

Soldato
For what little value this reply has and the fun we have missed out for a day.

Yes adaptive dynamics with air suspension. Also gesture tailgate, Alexa and clearsight mirror if we want to get silly.
Suprising they also all have USB A & C sockets for that flexibility on music source quality ;) it’s also got activesound inside which is ace to select, it’s legacy automaker so engineered in a proper pedestrian warning and doesn’t sound like a cowbell or lorry in reverse

Then of course the subjective stuff not in the brochure, drives likes a sports car crossed with an Exocet missile. Conscious bias of course.

PS. You post like you are always on the med. the quote function works still! Now stop flirting with me.

Anyway, good choice on the Leaf. Nice choice form the range of decent cars in more sensible price brackets.

Soldato
OP
Back at this again chaps..

Apparently the Leaf 62kWh that was available to order is being swapped out for a 58kWh model, with TBH delivery dates/pricing. I've no idea if this is a competence or process issue tbh as the Nissan website only shows a 58kWh moidel.

Anyway...

I've been told there is a ton of Peugeot e208 or e2008's available - what are peoples thoughts? I was at £360net for the Leaf e+ Tekna. The e208 and e2008 in Allure Premium trim are similar costs.

I guess the e208 is more in line with what I had before, but the e2008 space makes the car a slightly more practical proposition. Presumably these don't use Chadamo and can rapid charge?

Soldato
Best advice would be to head to a Peugeot dealership and have a sit in one.

I took a look at a 3008 a few weeks back because our old 2008 is getting a bit too small for the kids in the back. And the 3008 was still too small. We don't have any issues with leg room in the Leaf.

Soldato
Best thing to do is have a look as above, the e208/2008 are actually decent inside if you're happy with the lower power output.

No matter what you go for you are likely to find delivery a problem tbh - Cupra won't commit to anything other than "before the end of December" for mine!

Soldato
We have an e208. It's absolutey tiny (which is what my wife wanted) but there's no legroom and hardly any boot space. e2008 is better but range not quite so good as it's the same drivetrain pushing a bigger car.

Peugeot screen system is a complete cluster **** but I use Carplay so it's fine 90% of the time. Just don't try and change any settings ever lol

Soldato
OP
E2008 was my favourite as it makes the car slightly more useful in family scenarios, however it will be mainly used by my wife. Can't imagine I'd like to go back to a Fiesta sized car for main duties though. I think I'll go and have a look in person.

RE: Timelines, they reckon there are 15 of each available in the UK right now so wait time is only a month.

Soldato
sounds like a surprising gift horse wrt their availability, does the wifes lease company have priority call on supply - is the same-platformed corsa in the mix ?
teslaY production line and renault e-tech lines are stopped through covid / ukraine, vw allocated all this years prod'n, so the lines are only getting longer elsewhere.

Soldato
OP
sounds like a surprising gift horse wrt their availability, does the wifes lease company have priority call on supply - is the same-platformed corsa in the mix ?
teslaY production line and renault e-tech lines are stopped through covid / ukraine, vw allocated all this years prod'n, so the lines are only getting longer elsewhere.
I think her boyfriend works for the leasing company

Soldato
Indeed, wondered why your numbers looked so similar......

In fairness the current market doesn't lend it's self to the actual suppliers being overly keen either

Soldato
OP
Indeed, wondered why your numbers looked so similar......

In fairness the current market doesn't lend it's self to the actual suppliers being overly keen either
Good news they are chocolate teapots in reverse now (i.e. my benefit).

Somehow been offered an in stock 2008 with premium colour (the famous Pug blue colour) and 20k miles for less than the Leaf.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like a decent offer, are you pulling the trigger?
Yeah although it's not been easy. I was told to act quick to reserve 1 of the 2 vertigo blue models. I was told colour was free but it would cost an extra hundred quid a month. I explained the concept of 'free' and about an hour later an email came through with a lower price than the Leaf with the premium colour (wtf?).

I was told HR wouldn't need to approve as it's less value than the Leaf they approved. When I followed up Friday they said it was with HR and could take a while...

Each call handler seems to be making it up as they go along with very little training in customer service.

Tbc on whether it will ever arrive but they reckoned 4-5 weeks as there are a load of 208 and 2008s in stock.

Theoretically it'll arrive in the next 4 weeks but I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom