What fad from your childhood/teenage years used to be "in" but now has vanished?

Permabanned
Tamagotchis
Pogs
Finger boards for a while

It's weird how these trends come and go, i remember those squishy goo like alien baby egg things and i'm sure they were around again about 10 years ago.

I echo this. I used to buy the squishy Aliens n through them off the school walls. There was a trend where the school inside roof was plastered with them lol

What about “giant gobstoppers” that took you a month to lick them to the centre? I remember paying 99p for one.

What about the magazine about dinosaurs where you collect to parts to make a glow in the dark dinosaur?

Meccano sets As well. Used to build all sorts. I had the Orange and yellow box sets with the Ferris wheel in!

It is funny how trends come and go, most don’t last 6 months before it fading out.

Last edited:
Associate
Every bad guy in a Sony Pictures production during the MiniDisc era kept their evil plans on one. MP3 players and iPods pretty much killed them off.

I remember sitting for about 6 hours recording as many CDs onto mini disks... I had a big tower full of them... only for them to become 'old news' a few months later :D

Soldato
I had that, also the how my body works books where each issue had a different part until you built a full body model. Was kind of cool.

Swatch and those snap band things. Polaroid lol

Soldato
Just remembered a few:-

Nike jackets
Head bags (the ones with the zip off end section)
Benetton jumpers (all the girls wore these)
Kappa had just become available
Levis 501s
Hi Tek Silver Shadow trainers

Soldato
What about the magazine about dinosaurs where you collect to parts to make a glow in the dark dinosaur?

That was my most treasured possession when I was a kid. I had signed up so i got the folder and the two little ammonites as well. I wanted to be a palaeontologist so bad when I was younger... now I work in IT.

Soldato
Just remembered a few:-

Nike jackets
Head bags (the ones with the zip off end section)
Benetton jumpers (all the girls wore these)
Kappa had just become available
Levis 501s
Hi Tek Silver Shadow trainers

Head bags.
HD_101284529_01.jpg

Denim jackets also.

Associate
About 70% of everything that has been listed so far definitely hasn't vanished and is very much still around or still a 'thing'. I guess what HAS vanished is people leaving the house and seeing the world :p

Back
Top Bottom