What G.Fast upload/download speeds are people getting

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Be interested in seeing the replies to this, against the numbers shown on the btwholesale checker....:)

I dont use g.fast but this is showing as of late for my line;
8qttCn9.png

Soldato
240/40, it's on the low side of the estimate, but that's likely the connection on the exterior wall combined with degraded internal wiring sunk into concrete, nothing I can really do about it for a few months.

Caporegime
I'm a lot less excited about G.fast now that it's been scaled back from being a FTTN-type deployment, and seeing that it doesn't even show as available to purchase unless you're already getting the full 80Mbps sync off an FTTC product.

Soldato
I'd take fttp if it was available, it has greater potential long term, but frankly as they're seemingly mutually exclusive, i'll take what i'm given at this stage and g.fast upload is faster.

Caporegime
Yeah it's not a bad thing by any means, though if I had a choice then I'd almost rather my area missed out on G.fast

Caporegime
A G.fast estimate at one of our sites

bXovqx1.png

Currently get a full 80/20 off VDSL, and to be honest I don't think I'd take the gamble on losing upload speed to increase the downstream rate. I might just get a TalkTalk residential service at this location because it's cheap, and throw it into an SD-WAN group and see how things go, not interested in paying for a business-grade service for an experiment.

Back
Top Bottom