• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What GPU are you using on your 2560x1080 Monitor?

Associate
Hey folks so im wondering what people are running and what kind of performance they are getting im currently rocking a RX 580 and Average about 80 fps on Low settings with Ultra textures.

Am currently saving up to buy a new card in July hoping with the announce of Navi on July 7th they will bring good performance for the money if not will prob get a RTX 2070

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Soldato
I'm running a 980TI with a mild overclock. I occasionally get CPU bottlenecked (3rd gen i5 here) but its very rare. I've been playing Doom (2016?) lately at a steady 90+ fps on ultra settings in combat.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was using a 1080 on mine but mine was quite an old one with only 60Hz and no variable frame rate support of any sort. Card hardly even broke sweat as I ran with V-Sync.

Now I run 3440x1440 card is working much harder!

Soldato
Well, what's your expectations? I ran a 480 w/ 2560x1080 when I gamed on it and I thought that was plenty & had no real compromises to make - 75hz tho. Tbh I would still run that card at that resolution if I didn't change to 4K. For almost all esports titles you can get the 580 to go 100+, and for AAA it doesn't really matter as much so long as it's 60+.

Associate
Vega 56 running at Vega 64 speeds. Totally fine, I've got it running V-Sync @ 60Hz so and I rarely see the frame rate drop. I'm considering upgrading to a 34" 3440x1440 which I think will be much more demanding.

Associate
previously a 1070 which a mate now has , and now a 2080. 99% of the time its a full util unless im playing a really old tittle or heavy MP one , usually a 64man bfv game will bring it down into the 80% range , at which point I just supersample to get it upto max util , I am at 166hz though

Associate
previously a 1070 which a mate now has , and now a 2080. 99% of the time its a full util unless im playing a really old tittle or heavy MP one , usually a 64man bfv game will bring it down into the 80% range , at which point I just supersample to get it upto max util , I am at 166hz though and use a similar model the 89-g with g sync

Associate
7950 but massivly torn between Vega 56 or RX 2060. Got stuck in the loop of research if 8gb v 6gb should be the deciding factor or the fact that with the 2060 it has DVI-D so I know will work directly with my DVI-D monitor, plus only uses 1x8pin instead of 2x8pin for power!?

Soldato
@Nasher what kind of Performance are you getting this is my second choice if you have Anthem or Destiny 2 can you run a benchmark for me please?

I don't have either of those games, but I'm playing Metro Exodus with everything cranked up. FPS is pretty good everywhere. Vega isn't going to struggle with anything at 1080.

Soldato
We will probably see 6gb being minimum or not enough this year tbh. A few already use more and it will limit you in things like VR which is more ram hungry.

Associate
We will probably see 6gb being minimum or not enough this year tbh. A few already use more and it will limit you in things like VR which is more ram hungry.

This makes me question the 2060. Was this done with 6gb, just so it didn’t take away the 2070 sales. Or did they do this so the folk who haven’t got a silly budget. Pay £350 now and then in another few years need to pay £350 again?

I’m currently really stuck because of the above. I have around £300ish max I wanted to spend. However because my monitor is DVD-I I can either get a Vega 56 and have to try and find an adapter, or spend extra for the 2060 and be stuck again in a few years time, or even 12 months judging by some games. A big outlay for a small time, considering the 7950 cost me that around 6 years ago and still does ok in a lot of older titles.

There is the option of something like an RX580,as a step up as that has DVI-D, however it too close to Vega 56 price.

Maybe I should try and resist the urge and just grab Division 2 on PS4 and wait for Navi and see what that brings. It would seem PC gaming could be a all in or nothing at this stage and would need a full overhaul. :0(

Soldato
Hey folks so im wondering what people are running and what kind of performance they are getting im currently rocking a RX 580 and Average about 80 fps on Low settings with Ultra textures.

Am currently saving up to buy a new card in July hoping with the announce of Navi on July 7th they will bring good performance for the money if not will prob get a RTX 2070

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Is it Freesync and whats the monitor top resolution?

Asking because most 2560x1080 are 75hz monitors, and you should be ok with RX580 at maxed settings with Freesync. Otherwise something like Vega 56 powers up even a 3440x1440

Back
Top Bottom