• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What gpu

Associate
If I was to buy a gpu today it would be the v64 tho I’m open to Nvidia.
I game at 1080p on an i5 2500k.

I like the sapphire nitro but there’s no waterblock
So that leave the PowerColor are they any good?

Of course any recommendations for other guys are always welcome

Associate
Save £100 and buy a Vega56, ive had both a 64 and a 56, i honestly cannot tell the difference at 1440p. The next one up for me would be a 2060 at that price range, And I personally wouldn't bother with the 1660ti

Failing that, wait for Navi or the possible RTX refresh?

Associate
It's Computex this coming week.
Two of the possible things NVIDIA's Geforce Super tease could be is a price cut or a card refresh (likely to be faster memory, to as yet unknown effect).
And AMD will be showing something off.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I was to buy a gpu today it would be the v64 tho I’m open to Nvidia.
I game at 1080p on an i5 2500k.

I like the sapphire nitro but there’s no waterblock
So that leave the PowerColor are they any good?

Of course any recommendations for other guys are always welcome

Definitely wait a few days for Navi, but as far as Vega, the powercolor reference is ideal for watercooling. I wouldn't have recommended any other type regardless. Don't go with V56. Samsung memory isn't guaranteed & on water I'd take the V64 over it since you can push it a lot.

Associate
I read "waterblock" like a bottleneck lol Can anyone state how much of the Vega 56's performance one would get with an i5 2500? 20, 25%?
I'd say 50%, I had a gtx 980 and 2500k and in some modern games gpu usage would be all over the place while the CPU was maxed ou
1660/580 is the max I'd pair with a 2500k

Associate
OP
I understand the 2500k might be a bottleneck, recently I had to bump voltage up to stop blue screens I’m also waiting for the next gen rayzen.

I wanted the free devision 2 game.

On a side note would I be able to play farcry 5 on at least high settings if I move to pci 3.0?

Back
Top Bottom