What has happened to ebay recently?

Soldato
So... Ebay...

I sold a Samsung Galaxy S3 on ebay and a buyer with 4 feedback won it for £350

I get an email from buyer saying that if he pays can he have his friend collect it (at 10pm)... This is the first warning flag for me

I said Ok go ahead, so the buyer pays using a PayPal account registered to a woman in Cheshire...

The bloke who arrived to collect the phone is a male Asian from Leicester... Second warning flag

I asked this bloke about the paypal address and he couldnt confirm any of the details what so ever so i asked him to leave my property, he started shouting abuse and saying i ow him fuel money blah blah.

Anyway The next day ebay contacts me telling me that the ebay member had stolen the account and used it to buy 18 phones and the account was being given back to the real owner.

Simple Scam, May have worked on trusting people but hey i cant trust my own mother so it wont work on me.

I relisted the phone on ebay, and it sold today for £320... The buyer had 4 feedback AGAIN! and this time 2 of those feedback said that he is a non paying buyer.

So i got his number from ebay and gave him a call, he sounded shocked that i was calling and said it will be 2 days before he has the money to pay...
I have send a cancel transaction request in for this as i don't think he will pay.

Why has ebay falling foul to all the MORONS who want to scam or simply cant afford things?

Its ****ing me off because i have had a customer in the shop today who actually wanted to buy it with cash but i had to refuse because it was about to sell on ebay... :mad:

WKN

WKN

Permabanned
Yeah eBay's a total joke atm, I had a suspension on my account that was supposed to last 14 days, I emailed them 30 days later asking why i am still banned. They simply forgot to unban me lol.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I have my account settings configured, so buyers with less than 5 feedback, 2 disputes and a buyer less than 30 days are automatically rejected.

Never had a problem, and I've sold loads of phones, computers and cars.

It's the fees that really wind me up :mad:

Associate
I thought this was normal procedure for eBay auctions. My advice is don't sell anything on there you can't afford to lose.

MW

Good advice and let's be honest it's full of scam artists now . I sold a mono and water blocks on there and I asked the buyer did he want me to fit the blocks . He said no and I ended up with a £300 paperweight and no money thanks to PayPal :confused:

Soldato
Sold the Godfather Trilogy on there recently. Sealed and direct from Paramount (who my missus does work for).

Buyers contacted us to say that the discs were all messed up and the end of the film was at the beginning and they were a different region. :rolleyes:

We politely told him to do one as she works for Paramount.

He messaged back saying he was still unhappy, but on second thoughts would keep them.

I have my account settings configured, so buyers with less than 5 feedback, 2 disputes and a buyer less than 30 days are automatically rejected.

Never had a problem, and I've sold loads of phones, computers and cars.

It's the fees that really wind me up :mad:

This. Have had several very high value transactions and all have been very agreeable. Apart from the fees.

Permabanned
Leicester Asians are weak, you should have broke his leg.

Also who the hell still uses ebay? With the amount of fraud and ebay + paypal supporting the buyer made me not use it years ago.

Soldato
OP
Leicester Asians are weak, you should have broke his leg.

Also who the hell still uses ebay? With the amount of fraud and ebay + paypal supporting the buyer made me not use it years ago.

A seller can only be caught in a fraud and loose out when they don't follow PayPals policy to the letter.

Soldato
I always think selling phones and laptops generally attracts a certain type of buyer and has a disproportionate amount of scam attempts compared to other items.

I only buy on eBay these days, the security is a joke and the fees are prohibitive. They got greedy why providing an inferior service.

Soldato
I'v had a load of problems lately with sellers packaging things diabolically and then having an absolute nightmare trying to deal with them when I report that they were damaged in the post.

I even ask them to package the stuff well to avoid damage in the mail and they still think it's alright to just wrap it in brown paper or a single sheet of bubblewrap and bung it in the post.

Another problem is people just outright lying about the condition of items.

Back
Top Bottom