What have I missed?

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Been on holiday for the past 12 days so I've missed out on some new games releases and a lot of news. I see DR and TDU are out, so what's the general consensus on them? Worth getting? I know there are big long threads for them but its a lot to read.

What other games have come out recently?

Any big gaming news?

Mike :)

Anders0n said:
Any big gaming news?

PS3 still sucks, and some people moaned that the Wii costs too much (£180 with a game).

Apart from that, same as normal :p

(oh, and yes buy TDU & DR)

Get TDU for sure but i wouldnt bother with DR as its complete rubbish, really regret buying the game now as ive given it the benefit of the doubt but its one of those games thats stupidly hard to understand and get to grips with. The control system on DR truly does suck hardcore, capcom really made a mess out of it.

Whereas TDU is brilliant, its like a lifestyle game...buy houses, cars and motorbikes. Earn money by doing challenges and missions ie car delivery or courier missions. Mucho fun to be had although as sniper said the online part of it isnt that great but ive had some smashing games with my bro on xbox live on TDU last week and hes on the other side of the world...

Another game perhaps to consider is Saints Row if your into that GTA type of game, quite fun and some of the stuff that happens in there is quite funny.

See I think the opposite Saints Row is baddd, while Dead Rising rocks.

Saints Row is the buggiest game I have on the 360, graphical glitches, falling through the environment etc. The multiplayer is tacked on, fun for maybe one nights gaming. The single player is average, the cars handle attrociously, the gameplay gets very tiresome.

Dead Rising is a hark back to the old days of gaming, frustrating, challenging but ultimately worthwhile, oh and its a hell of a lot of fun to boot.

Spawn said:
Get TDU for sure but i wouldnt bother with DR as its complete rubbish, really regret buying the game now as ive given it the benefit of the doubt but its one of those games thats stupidly hard to understand and get to grips with. The control system on DR truly does suck hardcore, capcom really made a mess out of it.

that is completely you opinion of course

i think it is a brilliant game, that is very easy to get to grips with & understand but provides a good challenge. not everyone like to be handed it on a plate.

also the control system is perfectly fine, i found it quite like resident evil 4's control system.

all just my opinion of course, but i wouldnt diss the game completely just because i can't play it :rolleyes:

He didnt diss the game because he couldn't play it. He dissed it because he thought it was a load of old pony, as do I.

The worst controls ive come across on the 360. I could play it but I didnt fancy repeat run throughs.

Each to their own but in 2 months when something decent comes out no one will remember Dead Boring.

dannyjo22 said:
He didnt diss the game because he couldn't play it. He dissed it because he thought it was a load of old pony, as do I.

The worst controls ive come across on the 360. I could play it but I didnt fancy repeat run throughs.

Each to their own but in 2 months when something decent comes out no one will remember Dead Boring.

Again, I've got to disagree 100% with you. The controls are fine and it's designed to be played through several times; almost a tribute/return to arcade games of old. It's probably my favourite game on the 360 so far and I've played and loved many.

But then again 'best selling 360 game so far', '#1 in the all formats chart', '9 out of 10 in the lastest copy of the XBox magazine I have in front of me', 'the game all the Gamespot reviewers were personally playing in their weekly podcast 2 weeks in a row' and a firm favourite by many on these forums. We're obviously all deluded and it's rubbish.

i can fully understand that it's not everyones cup of tea, it was just the way he worded it, blowing it off as a load of pap, when it clearly isnt. i just wanted to make my side of the argument clear, so that anyone reading would see that the game is good, it's maybe just not for everyone ;)

P.S. to the original poster...see you have been missing out on these intelligent, topical and alway friendly "debates" lol

Last edited:
I just don't think it's that clever an idea. Playing a game through twice ala KOTOR fine. Two different styles of playing the game. But this, all they have done is make certain parts impossible unless you run through it again and again. Thats not tough that's easy to make any game like that. No one wouldve been impressed if you had to run through tomb raider 8 times to get enough upgrades to finish the game. Perhaps they shouldve done that to stop people complaining it was too short.

For the first few hours the zombie hacking was great then it got so that to complete the goals they just got in my way, I didn't find it a challenge more tiresome.

That said the graphics where as good as ive seen and I didnt get a hint of slowdown or tearing which is rare on a 360 game. The story and all the endings are good too, but for me the game play is as shallow as it gets.

Many thanks for your posts guys. For now I'm going to try out Dead Rising and Saints row. How bad is the online play with TDU then? If it's terrible, I think i'll have to give it a miss.

I heard about the PS3 being delayed before I went and I came to the conclusion that they've lost the plot.

Got Saints Row, think it is pretty good, plus got mine from Hong Kong so only cost about £20 :)

going to get dead rising when it becomes cheaper or 2nd as it's only 1 player anyways

NokkonWud said:
Saints Row, Test Drive Unlimited and Dead Rising are great fun.

If I was to recommend 2 it would be the latter.

I personally think all 3 are great and would have a real hard time recommendnig just 2 of them. I'm thankful I could afford all 3, though it means I've currently missed out on Madden and Lego Star Wars, 2 other games I'd like to get.

fly14i said:
that is completely you opinion of course

i think it is a brilliant game, that is very easy to get to grips with & understand but provides a good challenge. not everyone like to be handed it on a plate.

also the control system is perfectly fine, i found it quite like resident evil 4's control system.

all just my opinion of course, but i wouldnt diss the game completely just because i can't play it :rolleyes:

LOL i can play the game;), as i said the control system sucks on DR...worst control system ive ever had the displeasure of using. Adn i dont expect a game to be handed to me on a plate but what I DO EXPECT is to get value for my £40 and DR doesnt give me that.
As i said its a pile of steaming dog poo...

Davey_Pitch said:
I personally think all 3 are great and would have a real hard time recommendnig just 2 of them. I'm thankful I could afford all 3, though it means I've currently missed out on Madden and Lego Star Wars, 2 other games I'd like to get.
I'm the same, I did manage to get those 3 (and Enchanted Arms), luckily I got Madden 07 via Swap Game on rental. I really want to play Lego Star Wars 2 also.

But I'd be happy with any of those games, but my personal preference would be TDU and Dead Rising.

Spawn said:
LOL i can play the game;), as i said the control system sucks on DR...worst control system ive ever had the displeasure of using. Adn i dont expect a game to be handed to me on a plate but what I DO EXPECT is to get value for my £40 and DR doesnt give me that.
As i said its a pile of steaming dog poo...

your loss

fly14i said:
your loss

Not quite, my gain as ill be selling it or trading it in to get something worthwhile. Seriously dont get so worked up over a valid criticism of a game;)...im sure theres a game out there that you dont like but i probably do but i wont take offense if you slate it...honest...

Back
Top Bottom