what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
I have the Momentum 3 and also like the way they sound. Effortless bass too with meaty resonance.
My only problem with my Momentum 2.0 headphones is that the bluetooth element plays really awfully with my work laptop.

It stutters something awful when the laptop's CPU is under load, and I can't fix it. I've tried Dell support, Microsoft support, tried re-installing bluetooth drivers, disabling wifi 2.4ghz on the card on the laptop, running updates, the whole shebang. The laptop just hates them. My main PC, my phone and my Macbook all work fine with it though, so it's definitely the laptop, but no clue what it is specifically.

It's annoying me to the point where I might consider selling the headphones and buying something else.

To get round it, I connect my bluetooth headphones to my iPhone to play music instead, but control it using the Spotify client on my computer :rolleyes:

Just had a thought... is it a thing to have a bluetooth DAC or similar that you can use to bridge the connection between bluetooth headphones and a PC?

Last edited:
Soldato
My only problem with my Momentum 2.0 headphones is that the bluetooth element plays really awfully with my work laptop.

It stutters something awful when the laptop's CPU is under load, and I can't fix it. I've tried Dell support, Microsoft support, tried re-installing bluetooth drivers, disabling wifi 2.4ghz on the card on the laptop, running updates, the whole shebang. The laptop just hates them. My main PC, my phone and my Macbook all work fine with it though, so it's definitely the laptop, but no clue what it is specifically.

It's annoying me to the point where I might consider selling the headphones and buying something else.

To get round it, I connect my bluetooth headphones to my iPhone to play music instead, but control it using the Spotify client on my computer :rolleyes:

Just had a thought... is it a thing to have a bluetooth DAC or similar that you can use to bridge the connection between bluetooth headphones and a PC?
Yes I'm sure you can get an external USB Bluetooth adapter and try that. One with aptx or better preferably.

Maybe get a cheap used android phone as a DAP.

I listened to my momentum 3 connected over USB-C to my phone for a good few hours yesterday evening. Very impressed with the SQ and comfort. So glad it has the wired DAC option for high res and even plain Spotify just sounds cleaner.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes I'm sure you can get an external USB Bluetooth adapter and try that. One with aptx or better preferably.

Thanks for the tip!

I've just found this: Sennheiser BTD 600 Bluetooth Dongle

There are reviews of it stopping bluetooth stutters and improving sound quality, so I've ordered it off Amazon. If it doesn't do the trick I'll send it back, but it's cheaper than selling them and getting a brand new pair of headphones. :D

Soldato
I've just found this: Sennheiser BTD 600 Bluetooth Dongle

For what it's worth, this dongle arrived (same day delivery. This never ceases to amaze me), I've plugged it in, and I don't know if it's a placebo thing or not, but the Momentum 2.0s sound substantially better, and I haven't managed to cause a stutter yet. I'm keeping fingers crossed!

Soldato
For what it's worth, this dongle arrived (same day delivery. This never ceases to amaze me), I've plugged it in, and I don't know if it's a placebo thing or not, but the Momentum 2.0s sound substantially better, and I haven't managed to cause a stutter yet. I'm keeping fingers crossed!
Good stuff!

Edit. May well be the better aptx codec.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Went down a BT route about a year ago so ditched my trusty Audio technica msr7bs which were one of all time favs for closed back headphones then changing to BT went with the Sony Xm5s, then B&W PX7s2s then B&W PX8s....

Bluetooth does not work well for gamers or TV listeners its a royal pitta mess!

Ended up from £800 PX8 BT headphones back to a pair of Steelseries Artic pros which I got for £45 and they are great and work properly with TV and Gaming due to Wireless wifi audio.

Its still shocking to me how problematic Bluetooth tech is, Wireless wifi audio imo is far more reliable and hopefully snapdragons S7 fixes it with these high res S7 audio release this summer.

Soldato
A few new toys.
Dx3pro+
Sundaras
Qudelix 5K

ToO29Nw.jpeg

Soldato
Went down a BT route about a year ago so ditched my trusty Audio technica msr7bs which were one of all time favs for closed back headphones then changing to BT went with the Sony Xm5s, then B&W PX7s2s then B&W PX8s....

Bluetooth does not work well for gamers or TV listeners its a royal pitta mess!

Ended up from £800 PX8 BT headphones back to a pair of Steelseries Artic pros which I got for £45 and they are great and work properly with TV and Gaming due to Wireless wifi audio.

Its still shocking to me how problematic Bluetooth tech is, Wireless wifi audio imo is far more reliable and hopefully snapdragons S7 fixes it with these high res S7 audio release this summer.
I have the LG C9 OLED and the Sennheiser Momentum 3 cans with APTX LL and the TVs built in bluetooth. It's absolutely lag free. When I use plain apt x earphones there is a slight lag, only noticeable for fast dialogue.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I have the LG C9 OLED and the Sennheiser Momentum 3 cans with APTX LL and the TVs built in bluetooth. It's absolutely lag free. When I use plain apt x earphones there is a slight lag, only noticeable for fast dialogue.

Lucky, yeah back then with C9 and Momentum3 it was aptx-ll, which is far better then what they have now.

LG C2 actually has aptx-hd..... which is designed for high quality audio music, so its latency is pants and I got lipsync and audio drops straight away it was unusable. Not sure why LG put the wrong codec with their newer TVs.

The BT transmitters and receivers market are equally pants and hit and miss, tried several of them.

Ill keep the artic pro wireless since there more then good enough for now and wait for snapdragons S7, hopefully that gives us the lower latency + higher quality sound at same time.

Man of Honour
kM1BLIG.jpeg

Just got these today, they are the Baseus Eli Sport 1 - £36 on Ali Express.

Have to say they are very impressive. they are open-air air conduction TWS earphones, the large driver is very capable, sounds like mini speakers by your ears/. But because they are open air, there is sound leakage at high volume. The soundstage is incredible though as a result. I'm not using the EQ via the app or on OneUI, instead used Adapt Sound to tune the sound output to my ears and all's great.

30 hours battery life, quick charging, sadly no wireless charging for the case but it is USB-C and they are lightweight/IPX4 rated. I like that for once these are buds you don't stick into your ear, so no faffing about with ear tips or cleaning out memory foam or replacing them.

Given the price, I'm amazed that big name brands can get away with charging £100+ for TWS buds. It's literal daylight robbery as they sound no better than these having had the Samsung Buds 2 Pro, and others.

I'll be using them on my phone and desktop alike but just need a Bluetooth 5.3 USB adapter for PC use for the times I can't be bothered to grab the HD650s, or when I'm going to be doing calls and stuff.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I read somewhere that the margins for ear buds are huge, which is why companies can make money from a £20 set, all the parts are pennies to the pound. So the flagship buds are raking it in, even the £100 Nothing (2) Ear buds, with all the features like ANC, wireless case charging, usb-c, custom eq, IPS rated, on stem controls, etc etc can make money. A much smaller company, making something that sells for less than half the price of Apple’s flagship. I bet the margin for Apple’s must be like 8x or even 10x with their buying power.

Associate
I never arrived pair of Beyer Dynamic mmx 300 which I think are fantastic, great for music and games. I also have a pair of Roccat. Usb headphones but they're not great so I just use them for the PS5

Back
Top Bottom