what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Excellent, was looking at the closed back for that price to replace my Audio Technica ones
May want to watch this review first.

Never heard these myself but heard the open back versions only and these funny enough were sold more expensive than the open backs but seem to have crashed in price compared to the open backs. So maybe get them test them and within return period if you don't like them send them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: R3X
Soldato
Never heard of Sundaras before that deal.
But bought them for 149 after having a quick skim through reviews.

The open backs Sundara are the best value planar headphones I think personally that are made and for £149 they are the bargain of the century. Shame I missed them when they were on sale for that I would have grabbed one. The only planar headphones up from them I would get are the Audeze LCD X but they are in a much more expensive category.

I hope you are enjoying them with your new setup :).

Last edited:
Soldato
The open backs Sundara are the best value planar headphones I think personally that are made and for £149 they are the bargain of the century. Shame I missed them when they were on sale for that I would have grabbed one. The only planar headphones up from them I would get are the Audeze LCD X but they are in a much more expensive category.

I hope you are enjoying them with your new setup :).

Yeah I like them, even more so when EQ'd via Oratorys preset. And the Qudelix manage to power them well the balanced output.

Lots of detail, I'm really enjoying the orchestral tracks and anything that is instrumental.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Got the new Sony elite Pro BT wireless hps coming in 2 weeks time, there also available on amazon uk same price of £129.99 these are based on the planar drivers that the audeze maxwell have.

I still miss good ole wired headphones, but going wireless just makes life 10x more easier since I can stand up or move my head around without being strangled in the process.

Caporegime
Got the new Sony elite Pro BT wireless hps coming in 2 weeks time, there also available on amazon uk same price of £129.99 these are based on the planar drivers that the audeze maxwell have.

I still miss good ole wired headphones, but going wireless just makes life 10x more easier since I can stand up or move my head around without being strangled in the process.
They look tempting but the styling is pretty marmite. Not tried planar yet and for £130 for wireless planar and a mic they're a bit of a steal.

Associate
I have the Sony Pulse Elite headset on order and just waiting for reviews, due out next week apparently, to see if I'm going to cancel or not. I want the Audeze Maxwell but my head says not to :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
They look tempting but the styling is pretty marmite. Not tried planar yet and for £130 for wireless planar and a mic they're a bit of a steal.

Yeah I don't like the mic bit poking outwards, but I sorta can't complain these are more geared for Playstation and gamers so they need that microphone, I would be using it more for movies and music and hopefully those planar drivers are a hit.

I have the Sony Pulse Elite headset on order and just waiting for reviews, due out next week apparently, to see if I'm going to cancel or not. I want the Audeze Maxwell but my head says not to :)

No kidding it probably would make your head collapse due to the weight of the Audeze, they build some of the best wireless sounding headphones with the best sounding drivers and made it a tank on the head:cry:

Also no LC3 codec support even after all this time, hopefully these Sony pulse elites come with the software and LC3, there is a rumour saying they will bring out a proper break out box with more connectivity but not sure if this is true or not. I will test mine on the Nvidia shield, TV and PC and give it a good testing.

You could get them, try them and return them if you don't like them, that is what I am planning on doing anyhow.

Soldato
Yeah I like them, even more so when EQ'd via Oratorys preset. And the Qudelix manage to power them well the balanced output.

Lots of detail, I'm really enjoying the orchestral tracks and anything that is instrumental.

Yes planar headphones main advantage is for instrumental and classical music, I find they need some EQ-ing for vocals as some make female voices strange and some make males voices strange and sound synthetic. Sadly no such thing as the perfect headphone or speaker and all have their limits at certain frequencies. Why many that are into sound/music have a few types of headphones/speakers so they can reference from and compare how things sound on different equipment.

Happy you are enjoying them as they are a great planar for the price and actually one I class as sounding pretty right for a lot of genres but again matching a good dac/amp with them will show them at their best as they do like good quality equipment with them and why you find a lot of people complaining about not liking certain headphones or speakers because they have not matched a good amp or dac to their source chain with revealing headphones/speakers or worse using poor quality source music that good quality equipment will show how poor they really sound and not hiding (colouring the sound) the flaws as some poorer quality equipment will.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Sundara's have arrived and been giving them a listen but would like to replace the cable for a balanced one that is not angled.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Cheers.

Check your dm's I sent you two cables types there one with a 4.4mm to 3.5mm balanced and one with an xlr 4pin to 3.5mm balanced, you didn't state what end you needed so sent you both balanced ends to the amp/dac and pick the one you need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom