What in ear phones do people use?

Permabanned

Plantronics Poly BackBeat Pro 5100​

Stupid cheap iirc £35 with free delivery/bonus free power bank and used to rrp for £180? Only wanted them to sleep with 1 side in to distract my mind, now I use them all the time, 19 hours iirc battery life too! Also built pretty sturdy.
And for a backup I have some el cheapo Mixx Studio in ear things to now sleep in so I don't risk breaking the above ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
I couldn't get on with the Sony in ear headphones unfortunately. Had the overhead version and love them but couldn't have the life of me get the in ear version to stay put. Moved to AirPods Pro's and haven't looked back, especially love the automatic switching between devices.

Associate
Having lost several AirPods and refusing to buy more, have recently opted for the Earfun Air Pro 3

Generally happy with them, very well priced!
Can get them for around £50-60 generally on Amazon

Last edited:
Soldato
Having lost several AirPods and refusing to buy more, have recently opted for the Earfun Air Pro 3

Generally happy with them, very well priced!
Can get them for around £50-60 generally on Amazon

That's very enticing. How do you find the noise cancelling? Could do with something when wife is home with little one...

Associate
That's very enticing. How do you find the noise cancelling? Could do with something when wife is home with little one...
Tbh not really used the noise cancelling much, seems pretty decent but I have nothing to compare it to as a bench mark sadly.

One thing to note if you’re coming from something like AirPods, unfortunately it lacks in ear detection so doesn’t automatically pause music when you take them out your ear.

That is something I do miss.

I’ve seen people recommend the Anker Liberty 4 NC which has this and might be potentially be better than the Earfun Air 3 Pros.

So maybe worth looking at those to, but more expensive than the Earfun but still sub £100.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh not really used the noise cancelling much, seems pretty decent but I have nothing to compare it to as a bench mark sadly.

One thing to note if you’re coming from something like AirPods, unfortunately it lacks in ear detection so doesn’t automatically pause music when you take them out your ear.

That is something I do miss.

I’ve seen people recommend the Anker Liberty 4 NC which has this and might be potentially be better than the Earfun Air 3 Pros.

So maybe worth looking at those to, but more expensive than the Earfun but still sub £100.
Interestingly the EarFun Air 3 have dropped to £50 today. As someone that has never owned any airpods it's tempting to try...

Soldato
I have a set of KLIM Fusion wire-linked BT earbuds that work just fine for €20. No noise cancellation, but that isn’t a problem as they’re usual worn under ear defenders when I’m mowing the grass or using a line trimmer.

As the back of the buds are magnetic, they click together to form a necklace when you pull the buds out of your ears which is very likely how I’ve not lost them in the 3 years I’ve had them.

Highly recommended for a very cheap BT solution that you won’t cry too much if they get lost or broken.

Soldato
I bought some Sennheiser CX400BT bluetooth ear phones a couple of black fridays ago. They were my first bluetooth earphones with the magnetic box thing that they charge in. I've been really impressed. The charge even today is decent, and the sound is great. They are on the bulkier side and do look like I have two large cotton wool balls sticking out my ear, but I don't really care. :)

I got them on a black friday thing where they were half price down from over a ton. I think at the time, they were premium Sennheiser maybe. Still £130 today. There seem to be cheaper options largely the same, but not sure if they also have a mic and customizable touch controls. Mine work perfectly always. Everything about them has been a really, really good purchase to be fair. Bass on dubstep tracks is naughty. I swear they drop lower than some DJ headphones I've had before.

Associate
Picked up the AirPods 3rd Gen when they were on offer for £93 a few months back, I've been happy with them but I'm far from an audiophile

Last edited:
Associate
I got some Soundpeats ones I got afew years ago which have been fine until recently BT kept cutting out. Ordered the Earfun ones, hopefully can use my foam tips as they make a big difference!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom