What internal messaging system do you use for your business?

Soldato
Slack is what we use. Lots of useful plugins, public and locked channels, direct channels (with single or up to 8 other people) video and voice calling with screen sharing, good app. Create additional workspaces to collaborate with partners or just keep it internal. Good tool. Recommend it highly.

It's very much like discord, as another user said.

Soldato
Quick pros of using Teams over S4B?
Better call (voice and video) quality, screen sharing works better too, less drops in calls etc. generally Teams seems to be a properly built S4B which was utter trash ime.

However, Teams does seem to destroy the CPU on my work machine if I'm on a video call, which is a tad annoying, but our work machines aren't exactly powerful given the sort of work we do. :rolleyes:

Associate
Skype for business, for now.

Nothing been said yet, but Teams started appearing on people's desktops earlier this week so I guess we'll be migrating soon.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Slack. It integrates with loads and loads of things. Apparently 65 of the Fortune 100 companies use it, that tells you a fair amount. The mobile app is great, and the browser version is great too.

I originally looked at Teams, Stride (before Atlassian ditched it and migrated everyone to Slack) but they all just seemed like a poor [wo?]man's Slack.

We have it integrated with Jira (software dev. issue tracking), Trello (Kanban project management cards), Bitbucket (source-code push notifications), ZenDesk (support tickets), NLog (critical logs from our apps), Confluence (corporate wiki), and most importantly giphy for sending gifs to people. There's loads of Slack apps. You can write your own app integration if you need something special.

Soldato
We had teams but had Skype for business as well. Was not a fan of teams and do prefer Skype over it.

Skype needs gifs tho which teams has!

Soldato
Skype for business.

Used slack in a startup fintech for a years ....easier to use tech like that then.

Now in a heavy regulated environment.

Trailed teams and hated it. But I believe it is now better.

Back
Top Bottom