What is considered too excessive betting/gambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Earlier this month I applied for a mortgage and on Tuesday they asked for more my last 3 months bank statements. When i sent off my statements I started to wonder what they may think of all of my deposits to Sky bet , about 40-50 per week. Now of course I came across articles saying banks do not like gambling at all.. so GD, have i screwed myself with this?

I currently live at home and pay 100 rent and take home 1612 a month so I do have a a lot of disposable cash. I barely go out drinking/restaurants/cinema lately so I'm still saving around 800 per month. Just worried what the bank will think.

Soldato
OP
Being profitable doesn't tell the whole story because they are looking for risk factors, and somebody who makes frequent gambling deposits will be deemed a higher risk (i.e. might they reach a situation in the future where they cannot afford to pay their mortgage).

I used to sometimes deposit a couple of grand a month but have reined that in as may need to apply for a mortgage this year.

Yeah, thing is where i don't pay much rent(£100) I am quite comfortable financially and that's why I can bet that much and it doesn't affect me. Just not sure the bank will see it that way..

Soldato
OP
I regret losing a £5 bet on the grand national. Thankfully it's one thing that steers me completely away from gambling. I suspect most people rarely break even, so the thought of losing money just by chance puts me off. Granted one day you might have a bit of luck and make a considerable win.

But it's at what point you stop, they say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, so chances of winning again are going to be slim.

Betting on one horse to bet when there are 30+ options, no surprise you lost lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom