What is the best tool for website creation?

Associate
Another couple for resources - Regexr, jQuery UI API, jQuery API

I think we have a resources thread already somewhere?

There is a thread which is pinned at the top of this section which contains links to different resources, however it hasn't been updated in around five to six years. I'll contact a moderator to see if I could create a fresh list with a view to updating it weekly. :)

Soldato
To people using Sublime Text, have you bought it?

I'm still using a trial. It say's it's an untimed evaluation but a license must be purchased? :confused:

Associate
I think on the website it said that after 30 days it'll require a licence key. Normally it's 30 days so I'm presuming the same with this too. I saw the "pay" option and immediately went "nooo" as I'm already paying for Dreamweaver. ^^;

Associate
If you're on Mac OS X I hear good things about Coda 2 and Flux. For Windows then Notepad++ and Sublime is your best bet. You don't have to pay after 30 days though for Sublime. Took this from the site:

Sublime Text 2 may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchased for continued use. There is currently no enforced time limit for the evaluation.

Also thanks to those who recommended Brackets! Will definitely be giving that a try.

Associate
Sorry for bumping this but I have a related question...

I had a look online and "netbeans" seemed to be highly rated, I haven't however seen it mentioned in this thread. Is there a reason for this? I think I may have a look at sublime, or even dreamweaver (although I used to use dreamweaver many years ago and it made very messy code IMO).

Soldato
Sorry for bumping this but I have a related question...

I had a look online and "netbeans" seemed to be highly rated, I haven't however seen it mentioned in this thread. Is there a reason for this? I think I may have a look at sublime, or even dreamweaver (although I used to use dreamweaver many years ago and it made very messy code IMO).

It's been about for absolutely years. Lots of people use it but in my opinion PhpStorm is superior.

Back
Top Bottom