What is the correct layer order for a burger?

Caporegime
OP
Now we're talking. Maybe some smoked bacon as well.

At the end of the day a burger has to be relatively easy to eat as a whole. I always post on here about stupid overstuff burgers with pulled pork, copious salad hanging out, onion rings etc.. it's all nonsense. You should be able to take one bite of a burger without too much of a struggle and get a bit of everything in it. And now I'm hungry :o

None of that 8 inch tall burger here.

JYmCLab.jpg

Soldato
Top Bun
(Red Onion/Gherkin)
Cheese
Sauce
(Bacon)
Patty
Tomato
Lettuce
Bottom Bun

(these are optional) - none of this overly fancy ********, although if it ain't me cooking it.. ;)

Soldato
Lettuce on the bottom? Google did that with their burger emoji and there was uproar n they changed it.

Everything goes on top of the burger, cheese first and then the rest doesn’t matter, just lob it all on there

Soldato
If the lettuce and tomato go above, It just falls straight out. Below the burger means the lettuce stays put, tomato is like a patty base and soaks up any drips and stop the bottom bun becoming a wet mess. Cheese and Sauce above glues the top bun to the patty.

Soldato
I've never had a burger with the lettuce beneath the patty. Does that mean literally every fast food place and restaurant is making their burgers wrong?

You're all monsters putting things beneath the patty! :p

Back
Top Bottom