What is the default setting for DF CStates?

Associate
Hi,

I've been a bit silly - I was playing about with a couple of settings in my BIOS but have forgotten whether DF CStates was set to 'Auto' or 'Enabled' before I disabled it. I want to revert it back to its default. Can anyone please let me know what the default would have been before I changed it?

My mobo is Asus TUF Gaming X-570 plus and my UEFI BIOS version is 2.20.1271

Thanks in advance!
J

Soldato
Hi,

I've been a bit silly - I was playing about with a couple of settings in my BIOS but have forgotten whether DF CStates was set to 'Auto' or 'Enabled' before I disabled it. I want to revert it back to its default. Can anyone please let me know what the default would have been before I changed it?

My mobo is Asus TUF Gaming X-570 plus and my UEFI BIOS version is 2.20.1271

Thanks in advance!
J

Default is normally auto, but why would you want to set it to defaults before disabling it ? either you want power saving or you dont, I have all of that disabled on my Gigabyte X570S master in order to make the Active OC tuner work properly, ive also got AMD Cool & Quite disabled.

Associate
OP
Default is normally auto, but why would you want to set it to defaults before disabling it ? either you want power saving or you dont, I have all of that disabled on my Gigabyte X570S master in order to make the Active OC tuner work properly, ive also got AMD Cool & Quite disabled.

Hey, thanks.

I’m trying to restore to defaults because I’m trying to find the cause of/a fix for, my mobo’s whiny vrms. I read that disabling C-states can sort out the irritating noise, but it didn’t for me. I’m rma’ing my PSU for a replacement, as my PSU has been a little dodgy since I got the system (last month) and I’m guessing the noise could be because of incorrect voltages being supplied to the CPU. I wanted to restore defaults so that when the new PSU is fitted, I can compare it against my old PSU with the exact same conditions as before.

Soldato
Hey, thanks.

I’m trying to restore to defaults because I’m trying to find the cause of/a fix for, my mobo’s whiny vrms. I read that disabling C-states can sort out the irritating noise, but it didn’t for me. I’m rma’ing my PSU for a replacement, as my PSU has been a little dodgy since I got the system (last month) and I’m guessing the noise could be because of incorrect voltages being supplied to the CPU. I wanted to restore defaults so that when the new PSU is fitted, I can compare it against my old PSU with the exact same conditions as before.

Just reset the bios with the button on the back or in the bios itself, load defaults, save and exit.

Back
Top Bottom