What is the last good pc game you played ?

Soldato
Fallout 4. Despite its flaws - some of which I agree with, I've enjoyed it rather a lot.

I'm still sticking with the same set I always play. Tbh, it's rare that anything comes out that I play more than once.

I enjoyed Alien Isolation and Dishonoured, but it's unlikely I'll play them again.

The ones I'll always come back to are:
Mass Effect Trilogy
Skyrim
Fallout 4
STALKER Trilogy

Caporegime
I'm still sticking with the same set I always play. Tbh, it's rare that anything comes out that I play more than once.

I enjoyed Alien Isolation and Dishonoured, but it's unlikely I'll play them again.

The ones I'll always come back to are:
Mass Effect Trilogy
Skyrim
Fallout 4
STALKER Trilogy

I'll also always come back to Stalker :cool:, but I've yet to properly tackle the mods for Skyrim (I've barely played the game at all, however, it is on my to do list).

Last edited:
Associate
Never played Stalker! I've got them all I think, but I left PC gaming when they first came out as at the time I couldn't keep up with PC upgrades and console convenience took over.

I later saw the light again...but can't help but think Stalker would be really dated now? Or not....?

Caporegime
but can't help but think Stalker would be really dated now? Or not....?

If you don't mod them, yes. I only play them with mods, but there's a load out there that are either in production / to choose from. Imo, if playing vanilla, Clear Sky looks the best.

Soldato
Better question for me would be - When was the last time a game you played on PC that *wasn't* good?

Cuz seriously, it's been a while for me. Just about everything I've played in the last year or more has been good-to-brilliant.

Then again, I usually research what I buy and dont just jump into anything blindly. So I usually know which are duds or wont fit my tastes and rarely find myself disappointed.

Never played Stalker! I've got them all I think, but I left PC gaming when they first came out as at the time I couldn't keep up with PC upgrades and console convenience took over.

I later saw the light again...but can't help but think Stalker would be really dated now? Or not....?
I played Call of Pripyat a couple years ago, my first Stalker game and yea, it felt very dated. The actual gunplay is just terrible, the environment is not very big and locations tend to be pretty underwhelming. Open world gaming has just moved on so much in various ways.

Stalker has a lot of great ideas and a great atmosphere, but I really wasn't enamored with actually playing it. Wasn't something I'd call a bad game by any means, I just wasn't really getting hooked into it. Your mileage may vary, of course. Some people will enjoy what it offers more than I did.

Last edited:
Soldato
Current favourites:
Prison architect, after a year away this has just been beautifully well developed and I'm really enjoying it.
Broforce, feel more American having played it..

Soldato
I'd like to think I pick only good games to play. :) Bought the Divinity Original Sin on Thursday so that's the last good game I played.

The only game that sticks in my mind as a complete waste of money is King Arthur http://store.steampowered.com/app/24400/ After enjoying the demo I bought the game at full price only to stop playing 20min later when I realized it wasn't for me.

Soldato
I'll also always come back to Stalker :cool:, but I've yet to properly tackle the mods for Skyrim (I've barely played the game at all, however, it is on my to do list).

You have a better rig than I do mate, so you'll have no bother playing the mods I do (as long as you don't expect 60+ every single second). Next time I go through the whole STEP or RealVision mod install faff (takes about 20 hours) I'll upload the whole data folder to Google Drive and share it with you.

If you don't mod them, yes. I only play them with mods, but there's a load out there that are either in production / to choose from. Imo, if playing vanilla, Clear Sky looks the best.

Best visually, agreed, but overall as a whole, it's the worst of the three. Like Mass Effect, I rank them from best to worst, 1, 3, then 2. The first STALKER looks VERY old now but it is still very atmospheric. Like Skyrim, it's not the best, nor most technically sophisticated engine, but in terms of atmosphere and immersion it does a very good job!

I still remember the first time I played Shadow of Chernobyl. The Agroprom tunnels were seriously creepy!

Last edited:
Caporegime
You have a better rig than I do mate, so you'll have no bother playing the mods I do (as long as you don't expect 60+ every single second). Next time I go through the whole STEP or RealVision mod install faff (takes about 20 hours) I'll upload the whole data folder to Google Drive and share it with you.

Our systems are more or less the same in performance, I think.

I was hoping someone would offer their Skyrim modding advice :D, and thank you. :)

Yes, I also found CS the overall poorer of the three, though still a corker of a game - mod wise.

Soldato
Deeply enjoying Battlefleet Gothic Armada, although that isn't fully released yet, so I'll go with Rainbow Six Siege, although it does really need better anti cheat

Back
Top Bottom