What is the most you have spent on a game?

Associate
About £4000 on Silkroad online back in 2005-2007 (Golden age)

Wow, I used to love that game but remember giving up because I would spend more time trying to login to a full server than actually playing. Not too long ago I tried one of the many private servers but got bored quickly - it's certainly showing it's age now.

Soldato
I bought a new PC specifically to play some milsim game when I was at Uni. It was a very poor choice.

I don't spend money on microtransactions in games. I play Apex Legends and they want $30 for a skin? lol. No. Why the hell would I pay that when I can buy another game or a few for that amount?

I guess the biggest amount I really ever spent money on the actual game is WOW, due to the subscription. Base game, then subscription costs for a few years, along with expansion costs.

Associate
I think mine was £270 on the Witcher 3 Collectors Edition. Totally worth it and would do it again.

I almost spent the same on the collectors edition for Cyberpunk but cancelled at the last minute. Thank god.

Associate
Not a massive amount 50-60 on battlefield 1 + season pass got part or all of it from one of the key merchants so it was on the cheap, got my money's worth

Associate
About £120 on msfs 2020 on the most expensive version (forget the name) with the extra planes. Have spent approx. another £75 on add ons for it too. I play it most days, bought it last xmas.

Associate
Most I've ever spent on a game was about 19 quid on PAVLOV VR XD, the only in-game purchase I've ever made was for the backpack size increase in TF2, but that was the cheapest way to get tf2 premium while also getting something useful.

Permabanned
Biggest transaction was £75 for a LOTRO lifetime account in 2010 when it was transitioning to F2P... Absolute steal given that I still logon to this day, have thrown a lot more at the game in expansions but the lifetime account has paid for itself many times over.

Soldato
I remember paying around £25 a pop for Atari 2600 Console cartridges in 1977, which google tells me is around £114 in today's money! :eek:

Still, it was worth it for such graphical masterpieces with tremendous gameplay such as this:

Back
Top Bottom