What is the oldest peripheral you have attached to your PC?

Associate
My second screen is still a Dell 2407WFP. I think last time I dug into the service menu it was at well over 15000 hours of use and that was some time ago! Never dreamed I'd end up keeping it over 15 years when I bought it.

Soldato
My second screen is still a Dell 2407WFP. I think last time I dug into the service menu it was at well over 15000 hours of use and that was some time ago! Never dreamed I'd end up keeping it over 15 years when I bought it.
Mum's still using mine as a hand-me-down, still going strong. As is the i7 920-based PC it's connected to. :)
She's using a keyboard that's about 20 years old and never been cleaned, it's properly offensive.

Man of Honour
Not a peripheral but my case was purchased in June 2000. It also has a floppy drive in it, not that it's actually plugged in as there is no PATA port on the mobo.
TBH if we are talking pure peripherals still attached, they are all fairly new, I think the oldest is a 3TB USB HDD I bought in ... checks email... October 2011. Heh, I thought it was 5 years old not 10 years old! I remember it was a bit of a panic buy because of the flooding in Taiwan and huge increases in storage prices.

Back
Top Bottom