What item of clothing or accessory have you owned the longest and still wear?

Soldato
A gifted watch, always wear one while working.

Replaced the workings, will have to replace the straps sometime. But it'll still be the same watch in spirit :p

Associate
Got quite a few T-shirts that are around 20 years old, also my leather jacket which was my dad's before I took it (he was throwing it out) is at least as old as I am (37), pocket linings are pretty shot but otherwise it's fine!

Associate
I got a Barcelona jersey when i went to the nou camp aged 14. im 36 now and still wear it.

Its full of holes and tiny rips but ill never get rid of it.

The Mrs. told me she was just going to bin it, and my response was that our relationship would be over.

Which I meant!

Last edited:
Soldato
Lots of old t shirts which are 10+ years old, trousers trend not to last me so long, but most of my jeans are about 8 years old I think (although the waist on some of these is now a bit tight really :p )

I think the single oldest piece of clothing I still have & wear is some Adidas sports shorts which must be about 17 years old now, and are still going strong! Have actually had a lot of use too.

Compare and contrast to some Primark pyjamas I got more recently because the gf wanted us to have a matching set and they lasted about 4 months before falling apart lol.

Keeping old clothes saves money, good for the environment, and I'm not bothered about my clothes looking a bit worn most of the time - on an average day all I'll be doing is walking the dog, working from home, and possibly going to the shops, so no reason to replace them all with new clothes. I have a couple of newer shirts to wear to a restaurant or whatever if I want to look smart.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I still wear the same timbs I've had since college (to be fair I occasionally wear some of my old Jordans from the late 90s/early 00s but never daily them, unlike my timbs) - they're at least 20 years old now and still going strong.

Original laces, still got the leather tag dangling from them too. Back when Timbs were top quality and built to last, not like they are now.

MOyqSpG.jpeg

Need a bit of a clean again, but still going strong :) The amount of drink these soaked up during my uni days was ridiculous, but always cleaned up pukka :D

I even remember the day I bought these, my parents took us on holiday to Paris and these were on sale in the Timberland shop, and the only 13s they had. I think they'd discounted to like 20 quid (after conversion) or something, bargain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom