What laptop

Soldato
Hello guys,

Looks like i will be needing a new laptop as mine is just getting slower and slower every time i use it. Starting to struggle to run sites like eBay and Autotrader now.

The laptop i have at the moment is a MSI GX660R that i have had since release day and it did use to be stupid quick. Tried resetting and its still being slow, so it needs to go.

Only things i do on the laptop is come on here, Autotrader, eBay, Youtube etc and maybe sometime stream my xbox onto it.

Musts:

Decent screen
Decent sound
Quick
Not flimsy plastic rubbish, i want it to last 5 years

I don't understand all the model numbers of cpus and graphics cards anymore so i would appreciate some help on what lappys i should be looking at.

Thanks

Associate
Any preference on size? I mean if you are streaming your xbox, would that be better with a 17" screen for you? Or do you prefer something smaller for portability?

Speaking of portability, do you use it on the move and therefore need a long battery life? Or will it primarily reside in your home near access to a power point?

Soldato
OP
@MrFunex @cyber_pantalaimon

Budget, up to £1k but less the better.

Size, 15" or bigger. very rare i even turn the Xbox on these days just the times i do i tend to just stream to my laptop, 15" is fine but wouldn't complain if it was bigger. The laptop will never move from its spot on the sofa. The Laptop im using now hasn't had a battery for 4 years, it will be constantly plugged in.

Anyway i have seen this: ** No Competitors **
HP Omen 15-ax002na.

Seems to be the best bang for buck i can find. What do you think? Yeah slight overkill for what i need but i like to have something there just incase. I can get it for £850 and get a free Xbox Elite controller with it.

EDIT: Sorry, im not sure why the forum has made the letters loads bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
i think the sound is pretty good, theres a load of options in the Bang Oulfsen software to change it up.

as for noise, the fans kick in if im gaming, but I also have a tray with fans so some of the noise can be attributed to that. as of now though for example, im streaming baseball and browsing, its quiet enough that you wouldnt notice it

Soldato
OP
Hello guys,

I bought the laptop. Nice quick little thing. Sound is awful compared to the Dnyaudio on the MSI but other than that i am happy with it.

1 question, the SSD (C: ), installing BF1 it is going to pretty much take up all the space on the drive (only a 128GB drive). If i just make the game install everything onto the 1TB drive (D: ) will it all run ok?

Thanks

Associate
Hello guys,

I bought the laptop. Nice quick little thing. Sound is awful compared to the Dnyaudio on the MSI but other than that i am happy with it.

1 question, the SSD (C: ), installing BF1 it is going to pretty much take up all the space on the drive (only a 128GB drive). If i just make the game install everything onto the 1TB drive (D: ) will it all run ok?

Thanks

It'll run fine, slower loading times than an SSD but a 128Gb ssd is pretty much just for your OS and a few apps.

Back
Top Bottom