What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
He has packed up doing garden rooms - Jen did have a TikTok briefly. He did say one of his crew let him down by taking the easy $ and doing OF. I have searched extensively and have nothing to report back other than a sore wrist :(

Associate
He has packed up doing garden rooms - Jen did have a TikTok briefly. He did say one of his crew let him down by taking the easy $ and doing OF. I have searched extensively and have nothing to report back other than a sore wrist :(
You need to stop doing things with that wrist then

Soldato
Pressure washing the slabs - The electric smart meter is jumping up and down with joy - Yesterday cost me an extra 60p -Good job they haven't fitted the water meter yet which is the reason I and doing it all now.

Soldato
@dlockers for the workshop floor I found that even 25mm EPS with OSB over made a difference so I guess you don't have to go for a full 100mm.

Currently waiting for the CNC spoil board to finish surfacing. It's interesting trying to get bits of work done in between the little one having a nap, and hoping that the work doesn't wake him.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Watched as two plumbers fixed the leak on the valve going into our hot water tank. Had to drain the whole thing in the end and replaced a gasket. First time I’ve had to use British Gas home care, actually better than expected.

Last edited:
Soldato
@dlockers for the workshop floor I found that even 25mm EPS with OSB over made a difference so I guess you don't have to go for a full 100mm.

Currently waiting for the CNC spoil board to finish surfacing. It's interesting trying to get bits of work done in between the little one having a nap, and hoping that the work doesn't wake him.
That's interesting, so your final floor is just OSB?

Soldato
Unbuilt some stuff:

CXQyAEA.jpg

Then dug some holes:

cls3MlW.jpg

10 holes to go, and ballast arrives on Tuesday! Hoping to fit the front bedroom job in around this :eek:

Soldato
Discovered a leak under the kitchen sink. Looked like it was coming from the tap. Had a closer look and it hoses looked pretty corroded and water seemed to be running down them. Not a job I relish but turned off the water and got to work. Had to replace the isolation valve on the hot feed and it was leaking too. Then it was off to Screwfix for a tap but also a spanner as I couldn't shift the fixing for the old tap.
A handy spanner This made the job a lot easier and ok it was £20 but might get some use in the future.

Knackered old tap removed and new one installed and working very nicely. Briefly toyed with getting one of those boiling water ones but then couldn't bet bothered with the hassle.
Another job done! Wonder what's gonna break next?

Soldato
Pootled about pulling some of the last light switch wires and changing light fittings. Just need to do 3 or 4 more, and fit new batten lights in garage and rewire is done.

Anyone want to spec me good LED battens for a 5.5m x 3m garage? Currently have a 1500mm 58W fluorescent. Apparently 5100lm, would like to replace with two that long.

Man of Honour
Installed a humidity sensor in the ensuite to monitor how well the extractor is doing, then integrated it to home assistant (I need to change the names).

temp-Imageo-Ds7-Vg.avif

Ignore the blip at the start, it was when I was installing it. Pretty happy, sorry for the dullness of this post.

I might look at automating it so if the humidity reaches a certain percentage it will kick in the extractor, although not sure how I can do that as it's powered off the light switch via an isolator with twin and earth, and not a normal plug.

Back
Top Bottom