What memory card

Soldato
Well after purchasing a 'genuine' 4GB Sandisk Extreme III, and finding out it's fake I now have a refund of £70 in my bank. Question is, I have seen 4GB Extreme IV CF for £65, a 4GB Extreme III CF for £45 and don't know if I should get the faster extreme IV or will it not be worth it. I will be using it with a Canon 400d, thanks.

Soldato
Munromax said:
Probably alweays best to get the most affordable fastest cards - as you may change cameras and find slow cards a bit of a pain. :rolleyes:

A new camera purchase would probably be followed by purchases of bigger, faster cards. ;)

My most reliable cards are Transcend 80x, used in a 20D.

Sol

Sol

Associate
For the 400d you will be fine with the Ultra II cards. Kingston elite pro cards will also do the job. I use both in my D70 and don't experience any notable slowdown.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Whilst we're on the subject ;) at the moment I'm using a cheap 2GB card in my 20D. It's from a well known memory supplier and they claim it's 133x (I've never tested it) - for what I've used it for it seems fast, in both copying the images to my PC/viewing the images in camera (I use RAW with no jpeg). Would the biggest advantage with a faster card come when bursting images (I never take burst shots) so it can offload them onto the card quicker and clear the cameras buffer?

Back
Top Bottom