What monitor 1440p, 144Hz, 27"+, Nvidia GPU

Soldato
I'm currently using a 6 year old budget TV as my monitor. I'm looking to upgrade this next to a 1440p 144Hz screen to go with my 3700x and 1070ti. What would you recommend? Budget of say £350. Bigger is better as I do like having a massive screen atm!

Also not a curved screen

Associate
The Acer Nitro XV272UP is currently on offer at £359.99.

Same panel as the Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD, better out the box accuracy too.

Panel lottery might be an issue though!

Soldato
OP
Associate
I’m actually in a similar situation. I’ve been put Off the gigabyte as I read mixed reviews. But it’s quite hard to find decent and fair reviews.

I think IPS traditionally offers better colours and viewing angles and TN has better response times for gaming but seems IPS is making big strides.

Associate
I’m actually in a similar situation. I’ve been put Off the gigabyte as I read mixed reviews. But it’s quite hard to find decent and fair reviews.

I think IPS traditionally offers better colours and viewing angles and TN has better response times for gaming but seems IPS is making big strides.

Literally every monitor bar the LG 27GL850 seems to have mixed reviews. It's infuriating but surely there is an element of people being pedantic. Every time I decide on one I find out there's a whole forum of people suffering from backlight bleed or colour banding.

I'm either settling for the AORUS AD27QD or the Samsung LC27HG70. I'm building a new PC over Black Friday and I'm not waiting months for the LG to come back into stock when I have Christmas off to play Red Dead Redemption 2.

Associate
@thelinnen I completely agree. Just when I think I've made a decision it seems like there is no perfect or complete monitor on the market offering a fully rounded feature set. It's a game of trade-offs.

I personally want to wait if I can, but I'll prob end up just getting the asus rog swift and settling for a TN. We will see...

Associate
@thelinnen I completely agree. Just when I think I've made a decision it seems like there is no perfect or complete monitor on the market offering a fully rounded feature set. It's a game of trade-offs.

I personally want to wait if I can, but I'll prob end up just getting the asus rog swift and settling for a TN. We will see...

I'm actually leaning towards the Samsung LC27HG70 now. Apparently it has ghosting issues with Freesync on but I won't be playing competitive games and will likely stay locked at 60fps anyway. The picture quality is apparently excellent and it performs well in a dark room, which the AORUS AD27QD is a bit of a coin toss with by the sound of it.

Associate
The Acer Nitro XV272UP is currently on offer at £359.99.

Same panel as the Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD, better out the box accuracy too.

Panel lottery might be an issue though!

From what I can tell, the XV272UP is the exact same panel as the Acer Nitro VG271UP. There's even a thread on Reddit that says they got confirmation from Acer that the difference between those two models is basically just a different stand, and the VG271 has been on sale for under £300

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
From what I can tell, the XV272UP is the exact same panel as the Acer Nitro VG271UP. There's even a thread on Reddit that says they got confirmation from Acer that the difference between those two models is basically just a different stand, and the VG271 has been on sale for under £300
Would this be the best 'budget' option for a 27" monitor to be used for gaming as well as sometimes movies? Never know which is the best panel to pick..

Associate
Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I reckon it's a pretty good deal if you can find one at the OCUK price - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...r400-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-14b-ac.html
But it looks like they've sold all 7 they had in stock this week..
Quick Google and yea its available from another retailer for the same priced basically...
I'm now waiting for the MSI MAG272QR to be generally available.
Another Google and it's available for £240... although its only 1080p.. for what I understand 1080p looks really bad on a 27" and 1440 is the one to get.

Associate
Another Google and it's available for £240... although its only 1080p.. for what I understand 1080p looks really bad on a 27" and 1440 is the one to get.

The MSI Optix MAG272 is indeed a 1080p monitor, but the MAG272QR is a 1440p model.

I agree,1440p is where you want to be! There are so many similar models you have to be careful.

Back
Top Bottom