What power supply

Soldato
Ive been getting stuttering and stuff in game, and i think its down to my 480watt tagan which is about 2-3 years old now

Need some more beef, what recommendations u got ?

spec in sig

Sounds like more of a OS/drivers issue. Tried new install? You could install onto your other drive, just do necassary drivers (cpu/chipset/soundcard) to play the games and see if it fixes it.

squiffy said:
Sounds like more of a OS/drivers issue. Tried new install? You could install onto your other drive, just do necassary drivers (cpu/chipset/soundcard) to play the games and see if it fixes it.

Nah, im pretty certain its not that, i tend to know what im doing when it comes to installing drivers and stuff

I did a review on the latest Enermax Galaxy Series and can highly recommend them, but at 850w this may be overkill for what your looking for right now.

The new Seasonics look good, and ive had no problems with the FSP Epsilon range.

If your running a Single GFX, then you wont go too far wrong with any branded high end PSU.

Its the Dual cards, especially X1900 Crossfire where the big Watts are needed.

Do you have many components that you could remove on a temporary basis? E.g. hard drive, fans, neons etc to see if a reduced power load improves the situation or alternatively borrow a higher rated PSU from a mate.

smids said:
Look at the OCZ series. They have just started shipping a new series which is apparently even better than the OCZ GameXtreme series. They have fully modular 600W and greater PSU's coming and apparently all are amazing.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/348/1/

I've just asked the question on the OCZ website as to when the fully modular 600W and greater PSU's are coming, will let you know what the rep/tech's say - OCZ are very good at answering questions on new products/technical problems - thats what you call customer service! :cool:

Nelly said:
I've just asked the question on the OCZ website as to when the fully modular 600W and greater PSU's coming, will let you know what the rep/tech's say - OCZ are very good at answering questions on new products/technical problems - thats what you call customer service! :cool:
Apparently they have already started shipping - check over Tony's thread at XS - I'll dig up the link in a minute!

smids said:
Apparently they have already started shipping - check over Tony's thread at XS - I'll dig up the link in a minute!
Nice one!!! cool would like to see the thread I could probally search for it but well if your checking. . . . I hope OcUK get them damn quick, would like one in my system asap when I switch over to Conroe! :)

Well one of the major selling points for me will be how quiet they are, will wait & see what the reviews are etc, even though I want one of the new modulars asap! :rolleyes: I should really keep what I've got but with the rumours of the newer ATI Graphics cards drawing more power, I doubt my 580W will handle the future generation of GPU's :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom