What RAM for Q6600

OCZ Reaper without a doubt...

Mind you ive got the Crucial Ballistix 8500 and Ive never had a problem with it , its awesome...

AND!!!! for added bonus if your Crucial memory goes up the swanny then if you call them they get new ram out to you withing 48 hours as the office is UK based for UK RMA's..

Ide go for the Crucial

Kingy1968 said:
OCZ Reaper without a doubt...

Mind you ive got the Crucial Ballistix 8500 and Ive never had a problem with it , its awesome...

AND!!!! for added bonus if your Crucial memory goes up the swanny then if you call them they get new ram out to you withing 48 hours as the office is UK based for UK RMA's..

Ide go for the Crucial

nice, ill look at them :)

How is your Q6600?

The G.Skill HZ stuff does overclock like a beast, mines currently running at 1000MHz on stock volts with slightly looser timings, which would allow you to overclock your Q6600 to 3GHz, all in all the G.Skill HZ is certainly worth the money although i dont know a great deal about the OCZ Reaper stuff, but if you did decide to get the G.Skill HZ RAM, you wouldnt be dissapointed.

Last edited:
truebluecfc said:
The G.Skill HZ stuff does overclock like a beast, mines currently running at 1000MHz on stock volts with slightly looser timings, which would allow you to overclock your Q6600 to 3GHz, all in all the G.Skill HZ is certainly worth the money although i dont know a great deal about the OCZ Reaper stuff, but if you did decide to get the G.Skill HZ RAM, you wouldnt be dissapointed.
surely if he had them running at 1000 (i.e 500) then his 9x multiplier would push the Q6600 to 9 x 500? 4.5 gig (obvioulsy it wont run at that speed though)

or have i got it all wrong?

Back
Top Bottom