1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What retro things have you done today?

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by Duke, Feb 3, 2019.

1. cee-S-dee

Hitman

Been putting together a quite unusual Pentium III Socket 370 Machine. Board is an ECS P6S5AT, which is a board based on a SiS635T chipset which interestingly supports DDR memory. I currently have it setup with 512 DDR 3200, Pentium III 850 Coppermine at 1.13ghz and a Geforce FX 5900XT. This board is know to actually have a 166fsb with correct dividers for AGP spec which if the chip can run would be 1.4ghz. Having fun playing about with it.

[​IMG]

2. Slurm

Associate

Nice, I've been meaning to have a look around for old PC parts to see if I could make some sort of retro-rig like that up without having to spend much money.

I found my old Corsair 2x 512MB XS3500 BH5 DDR1 ram that I used to run at crazy low timings, but not sure what else I still have lying around in boxes/drawers etc.

[​IMG]

I've been running a 2600k @ 4.8Ghz / Asus P8P67 Deluxe as my main PC since 2011, I'll be upgrading soon and will need to stash them away to use as a future retro build in 20 years or so, lol. :)

3. Flibster

Caporegime

Spent some time before and after the grand prix today making a brand spanking new Jamma wiring loom. Helping a friend out. He's supplied the connectors and the wiring diagram and I supplied my time and the wire. 2 player, 6 buttons per player. Custom lengths for a custom cab. Crimped then soldered spade connectors on the joystick and button ends too. Then spent a little while properly tying up the harness. Used some nice kevlar string for that.

Been a while since I've had to do any of that. Was nice to find out that I was only slightly rusty. And yes, I did use a board with some nails in it to do the wire layout. Properly high tech stuff. :D

Looking forward to seeing his custom cab next week. Got an 8 way Jamma switcher in it, so has 8 boards in it at the same time. Pretty sure at least one will be a multicade, but knowing him it'll have MKII, MKIII, various streetfighters and a killer instinct board. I suck at most of those... :D