what shall I 3D print?

Soldato
So my friend just ordered a 3D printer. He's ordered 3 colours, red blue and "natural" (which can be painted). But if I were to do something serious I'd buy some of my own material.

The maximum dimensions of a single piece are 20cm cubed.

My friend is competent in solidworks, so we can draw it ourself (or use an existing design).

So, ideas for what to make?

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Cubes within cubes:
You would obviously have to add little attachments between the cubes whilst it was being made but you could cut and file them off once it's done...

A chain. Again, you'd have to put little connectors between the links until it's done.

Caporegime
Cubes within cubes:
You would obviously have to add little attachments between the cubes whilst it was being made but you could cut and file them off once it's done...

A chain. Again, you'd have to put little connectors between the links until it's done.

Good call ;)

20130321121424967.jpg

..though I made mine on a lathe :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Scan your friends face in, make a mask of his face. Rob a bank/other crimes.

Friend goes to prison, you nick his printer, print off more faces until everyone you know is in prison.

Then go round all their houses and eat all their chocolate digestives in the third draw down.

Soldato
OP
Cubes within cubes:

That's pretty cool actually, good idea.

Soldato
M1A2 Abrams or a 3d printer that is better than the one you've got and then get that to do the same until 3d printers are super clever and take over the universe.

Back
Top Bottom