• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What should i do. . .

Associate
buy a brand new skt 939 x2 4800 for £195, or do as i originally planned and wait to full overhaul my system basing it around Conroe E6700. I was/am waiting on a wider range of Conroe mobo's to hit the shelves before making the switch, but at £195 the x2 4800 is pretty tempting and a lot more cost effective since i won't have to upgrade mobo or ram, but is it worth it in the long run? I mainly only use my comp for gaming, so that being said, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

All persuasion is appriciated, cheers.

Current setup:
AMD [email protected](Artic freezer pro 64)
Asus A8N deluxe,
2 gig Corsair TwinX,
36 gig WD Raptor,
Samsung SP 250GB
Audigy 4,
FSP FX 600w,
X1900XTX(in process of RMA:( ).

Associate
OP
cheers mate, i was always leaning towards the conroe route but i guess the cheap 4800 through my plan of course a little. I don't specifically need the extra power right now, especially since my RMA'd x1900xtx has a 1 month turnaround. Also i understand that won't see a huge benifit in games as most are still single threaded and the 4800 is esentially 2x 4000's on one die. So back to my original plan, Conroe it is :) .

Back
Top Bottom