What should I upgrade?

Associate
Currently, I'm unable to play larger maps on Escape From Tarkov, and I can't run some big games. I can't stream any relatively big game like Apex Legends, Overwatch, or anything like it. So, I'm wanting to upgrade, but I'm not sure what I need to upgrade that'll allow me to run games as well as stream them.

This is the PC I'm using, https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05366118. So, what is I should upgrade, and what should I upgrade to?

Thanks!

Soldato
Bluntly you want to replace the lot. Sorry.

Your CPU is quad core, lacks hyperthreading, and is 3 generations old. Modern games generally like more. If you want to stream, go for an 8 core CPU. Second-hand CPUs sell for crazy prices on Fleabay.
You only have 8 GB RAM. Is that one stick or two? If one, an upgrade to 16 GB is simple.
The PSU is only 300W - and may be custom for the PC. It does not have the juice to power a more powerful GPU. A quick Google does not clarify if it's custom or standard.
Your GPU is a 3 GB GTX 1060. Not bad but it's lacking in VRAM and it's not a full 1060.

If you set your sights a little lower - principally dropping streaming - and are willing to be patient then you should look for the RTX 3050 part in 2 months' time. This should be a drop-in replacement for your GTX 1060. If the PSU is a standard ATX PSU then you can replace that and upgrade to any GPU.

If you upgrade the PSU and GPU these can be carried forward to a new PC later on.

Caporegime
'What should I upgrade?' My graphics card, please. :D

Seriously though, as said, I would look to upgrade most/if not all of the main components (especially the CPU, PSU, and memory).

Back
Top Bottom